Scar

°••Part III••°

Shivering in fear a man was sitting on his knees infront of the whole court begging for his life. His eyes were shedding tears and guilt was clear in his eyes. He started rubbing his palms when the king walks towards him
"I.. I've committed a deadly sin My Lord! P-please spare my l-life".
The king raised an eyebrow "spare!" and chuckled.
With that word he took out his sword and beheaded him right infront of the court. The nobles flinched at his sudden action but no one dared to utter a single word. He wiped off the blood from his face and walked back to his throne.
"Take his head and show the world that betrayal has only one punishment for me."
The soldiers followed his order.

"I've heard that this palace is full of spies who are involved in the conspiracy to kill me and ascend my throne... I am announcing it again, if you will confess infront of me, I will definitely spare your life but if I caught you, you will end up like him" he said referring to the man he just killed.
There was a pin drop silence in the court.

After he dismissed the court, he headed towards his library. It was a dull room where the broad daylight didn't reach. Instead, was the lamps that lit that room. There was a study table in the centre surrounded by the book shelves. There was a chair near the table which was like a mini throne. There were some other ordinary chairs as well which were used only by the royal family. The other members of royal family barely used the Library except Namjoon.

He entered the library and sat on his mini throne. A servant, who was following him poured a cup of tea for him while he took out a book from a bookshelf on his right and a small piece of paper.
Before writing his paper he eyed his servant, which was a command for him to leave the room. He servant bowed and went away without facing his back to the King. He continued his work on the paper.

As time passes by, he heard a small knock on the door. His servant then spoke "The royal astrologer is here to see you, Your Majesty" he quickly hide the paper in the book and pretended like he was busy in reading.

Namjoon entered the library and greeted him. He looked at Namjoon and put the book on the bookshelf on his right. "How've you been doing these days Namjoon" he tried to start a casual conversation.

"Nothing special, just roaming here and there to find peace for you" Yoongi chuckled.
"You've already prepared this room for me. There's nothing else that you can do for me. I have to make my own way"

"Is there really nothing else I can do for you?" Namjoon scoffed.
"I've been trying my best to find.." he paused.
"Find? " Yoongi raised an eyebrow.
" Nothing " Namjoon replied.
"Namjoon......What's going inside your head" Yoongi said.
"Your Majesty,"Namjoon hesitated  a bit but decided to speak.
"I've been finding a bride for you"
He was ready for some bitter words by the the King but he just chuckled.
"You know I am not going to marry anyone. Then why you're just wasting your time. It will be better if you find someone for yourself." He said and left his seat and made his way out. Before leaving he turned back to Namjoon and said "Don't forget that you're not allowed to touch any book from the left. "

Namjoon looked at the left bookshelf with suspicious eyes but followed King's command.

Yoongi was headed to his chamber followed by the same servant and few guards. The guards stopped outside and the servant escorted him inside and followed his routine. He led him to the bathroom where his bath was already prepared by the maids. The servant took off his clothes and he got inside the king sized bath tub. The old man left the bathroom and prepared clothes for him. After a while Yoongi came out and sat infront of his dressing mirror. The man fixed his attire and was brushing his long hairs. While working he was so concious about hurting him but one of his finger touched the scar on his right eye. The moment his finger touched the king stood up from the chair and the man realised what he just did.
He fell on his knees and held the king's feet. "Please forgive me Master, I committed a deadly sin. Please forgive me" he begged.
Yoongi's breath was uneven due to anger. He threw the the stuffs from the dressing board
"Get out!" he said but the man was still on his feet.
"GET OUT!" He shouted making the guards coming inside.
He went out crying but that didn't affect him.
"Just leave me alone" he said in a stiff voice and the guards went out following his order.

To be continued