[8] ran haitani

art: 00_Pvt on X (Twitter)

;;;;

<October 5, 2014 - 7:35 am>

He smiled when he saw the small toddler crawling towards him, the kind smile on his face felt warm. The aura he was showing was beyond nothing to his usual murderous aura.

It was a rather refreshing feel for his colleagues that came to join the infants first birthday.

Everything was peaceful, a serenity that they don't normally come against too often. And seeing the cute little child in Ran's arms helped in easing their tense muscles.

"Aw, cute little Reina is having fun!" Sanzu cooed, raising a cute little stuffed toy as he wagged it across the air. Ran can see the pinkette's wife stifle out a small laugh as she watched her husband's childishness.

"Shouldn't you prioritize your own future kid, Sanzu?" He spoke jokingly, carefully taking away his daughter from his pouting colleague. "Look at your wife idiot,"

Ran watched the younger man spring to his feet and sat in front of the only other female in the room, his arms wrapped around her waist as he looked at her with heart-shaped eyes.

"Ran~"

Every one was having a great time in the lovely serene living area when the door suddenly opened and his wife's voice rang through out the house.

Ran can visibly see Teddy puff and pucker her lips in distaste. Back then, he never knew why Teddy would react like that towards Akari, yet after dealing with her twistedness, Teddy might have already seen it before.

"Akari..." He didn't sound ecstatic when he saw her. He actually wished she wouldn't return from her errands. The peacefulness had to disappear, unfortunately.

The girl came inside the living room, the smile on her face seemed to be resisting the urge to twitch when she saw Ran had visitors.

Ran immediately noticed how her jaws clenched when she saw Teddy, a fiery annoyance in them when she deliberately glared at her growing abdomen.

"Akari," He called again, much more firm and hard sounding. Akari resisted the urge to just roll and growl at Ran's tone.

"I came back with some treats, I'm just not sure if it'll accommodate anyone..." He watched how her eyes 'wandered' off to Teddy, whom was normally just taking to Sanzu before she noticed Akari looking at her.

Teddy didn't say anything for a few seconds before clearing her throat.

"Akari, right? Is there something on my face?" Her tone was soft but everyone could hear the guarded voice in her sentence.

"No, there's nothing on your face," She feigned a smile, turning her attention back to Ran and glancing down to the small infant in his arms.

He watcher her examine his child, silently clicking her tongue as her eyes watched the baby.

"Let's eat and chat, shall we?"

;;;;

<October 5, 2017 - 6:45 pm>

"Akari, you're being reckless right now." His voice was firm, his teeth grinding against each other as a chilling fear crept across his spine when he saw how the girl handled his child.

He feared for Reina's safety against the mentally unstable girl. He wanted to just run immediately up to the twitching girl, a large grin on her face as she swayed Reina by her hair.

"Da... Da!" Reina wailed, clawing against the harsh grip on her hair. Her tears covered her chubby cheeks, her heart was thumping against her ribcage.

"What do you mean, Ran?" Akari asked, placing a finger on her lip trying to act innocent but the way she was just gripping her child by her hair, unborthered by the kids heavy crying begged to differ.

"Let go of Reina, or else..." Ran growled out, his hand nearing the pistol that he had.

He raised the gun, no hint of hesitation in him as he pointed the gun at his wife. His eyes were filled with rage, teeth grinding against each other yet underneath that face, was nothing but a worry filled father.

"Let. Her. Go."

Each syllable was as emphasized as it can be as his fingers closed around the trigger of the gun.

Akari just smiled at him.

He was confused by her gesture before feeling a sudden hard material collide with his skull.

His vision was starting to blur, Regina's cried crossing his hears as he watched a pair of slick black shoes come into his vision, going towards Akari.

He could feel his blood boiling when he saw his figure, the same auburn haired male that Akari introduced to him not too long ago.

He can see the smug look on the bastards face. Ran just wanted to do nothing else but rip his lips off that disgusting face of his. Torture both of them for crossing him, tear them apart, hear their wails for mercy.

"You said he was tough, seems like you were bluffing!" He laughed, standing next to the grown child of a person.

"He is tough but even then, the toughest opponents can also be the weakest," Mockery laced her tone.

Ran could feel his body burn, but with his skull getting bashed with a metal pipe, he couldn't lift even a finger from the pain.

He watched helplessly, conscious slipping away. The last thing he could see was his daughters crying face as they took her with them.

'They'll pay for this...'

;;;;

Hello, hello, I'm here. I never really planned on doing an authors note in each chapter but oh well. :3
This will be the last chapter for this week, but for the next upcoming weeks I'll have more!

Also, thanks for the votes and reads! I never expected it to even be found by anyone lol but yeah. Keke.

I'll see you all next week with new and more chapters!

-Teddy Halo