[4] ran haitani

coser: coo_07_vivi on X (Twitter) & Instagram

;;;;

<7:37 pm>

The man sat solemnly. His head looking down as the faint scent of the hospital clouded his nose. It was sickening, he never wished to be in a hospital room after that experience.

Ran was sitting on a soft bed, bandages covering his head, arms, body. His eyes were glazed in a dead lavender, aimlessly wandering across the room as he wondered when will he be let out.

The beaming fluorescent light from above emitted heat, heat that pounded into his head mixing with the unpleasantly chemical smell of the hospital, causing a migraine.

He creased his eyes shut, hands grasping heaps of hair, harshly tugging, trying to lessen the pain.

"Ran, honey." A voice spoke out.

The lights flickered as the rain continued to pour, thunder roaring like a beast.

He could feel his blood run cold at the sound of a familiar voice, shivers dancing on his skin.

He glared at the (hair colored) haired woman smiling evilly at him, her (eye color) eyes creasing into cresents as she looked at him struggling.

She looked so much like the woman he's made a contract with but Ran, despite only living with Y/n for a week or less, his conscience was telling him that it wasn't her. It was as if his conscience knew Y/n like the back of his hand.

"Dad…!" A child's voice echoed. Ran watched in horror as the woman raised his one and only child up in the air, her hand gripping the child's throat blocking airway.

"Reina-!" Wanting to jump off the bed and retrieve his daughter from the woman's grasp, was when he noticed the large metal band preventing him from moving.

His nails clawed at the iron, hoping that just his fingers would be enough to break the thick band, reaching out towards his daughter despite the aching pain of his stomach being compressed against the band.

"Reina!"

Ran sat up from the bed, breath heavy, tears in the corner of his eyes, beads of sweat above his eyebrows. His eyes warily, hastily, scanned the room, goosebumps setting on his skin when the cold air touched him.

"Ran!"

A warm and soft hug greeted him, arms wrapping around his head as his face smothered in the woman's chest. He can hear the relief in her shock-stricken, worried voice.

'Her heart is racing… '

"Y/n…?" He gently pulled her from the hug, his hands cupping her cheeks, examining her face.

He couldn't help himself, in a split moment he encased her soft lips with his. The first kiss they've ever shared after the marriage contract was signed.

The woman was shocked, her body frozen before melting in his cold arms.

Ran could feel her hands cupping his cheeks, rubbing her thumbs on his delicate skin. Savoring the moment would be a pleasure, but he needed answers.

"What happened? Weren't we being chased? Why are we back home?" He darted question after question, hoping to get an answer with every query fired.

"Ran, one at a time. I'll answer them, don't worry." She told him, sitting properly beside him on the dark mattress.

"First off, yes we were being chased. Rindo and the others, thankfully came in time and took care of the rest. But,…"

She looked hesitant, she keeps gulping down saliva whilst her eyes kept darting around as if she was avoiding his gaze.

"But considering that you were starting to become rather hysterical with how much you were crying a while ago, you lost control of the car. We were lucky enough that you snapped out of it. If you hadn't, maybe all three of us would've been bedridden…"

Ran could feel something in him stop functioning. Vague memories of what happened before he blacked out came rushing through his eyes.

He remembers being drunk on tears, carelessly and recklessly driving in the rain on wet road, shielding the two females in the car, hoping to suppress any major injuries to both of them rendering him the one to suffer the most.

"How's Reina? Is she fine?" He noticed the wrapped bandage around her neck and forehead, causing him to think of the worse case possibility.

"Don't worry, she is. She's currently sleeping, she didn't get injured too much. Light scratches here and there but nothing major." She let out a sigh of relief, her hand placed above her chest. "Fortunately,"

"I see," Ran nodded.

Silence surrounded them, the sound of rain evident through the windows. Ran glanced towards the balcony, seeing nothing but rain pouring and lights of thunder. Then a shadow.

"Shit!"

He shuffled in his seat, surprising the woman next to him. She followed his gaze toward the balcony, scrunching her brows at what he might have seen.

"Is everything okay, Ran? You seem to be more… jumpy, than normal," She asked, looking at him. He watched how her hand hesitated. Taking initiative, he entwined his fingers with her smaller hand.

"I appreciate you worrying for me. But,…" He connected his head with her bandaged one, his eyes looking down solemnly at her. "…But I can't trust you yet to share, I'm sorry."

His lavender hues stared deeply in her eyes, unknown swirled in her orbs as she darted her eyes away from his endearing ones. Not long after, he looked away.

He felt a weight lift from beside him, watching the woman raise from the mattress before nodding her head.

"I understand, it's natural since I'm technically an anomaly in your life, right? Just know that I'm all ears whenever you need to let it out…" Was all she said before leaving the room, the door closing with a soft noise.

He flopped back down on the bed, wincing when he felt a sharp pain on his back.

He glanced to the clock, seeing it read 7:54 pm. They picked the girls up at around 12:50 nn, almost 1 pm then that gun show happened, got injured and then incapacitated.

"The wedding's next week and now I'm caught in a tangled mess again…"

'Time flies…'