[4] y/n l/n

<10:10 pm>

Dinner was awkward with just me and Ran sitting on the table, this late at night just having our dinner.

Reina was curled in a fetal position as tear stains painted her soft cheeks. She didn't even eat properly, all we gave her was some water to calm her down and nothing else.

The poor child...

I glanced up to Ran, seeing him slowly eating the food on his plate. He doesn't have his computer, tablet, nor his phone with him this time to skim over some work related stuff.

He was just staring blankly.

His movements looked so artificial, like it was ingrained in his mind. It was uncomfortable to watch him.

After finding out that Reina have experience with trauma and him mentioning Akari once again, I couldn't help but think.

Unable to bear the thick atmosphere, I abruptly stood up from my seat. Ran didn't even look up at me due to my sudden reaction.

'I don't know if he's acting like this because of Reina's trauma, Akari or whatever... But I can't stand him looking like this.'

I marched to his side, gripping his hand, causing him to let go of the spoon that he had. I noticed his eyes blink before slowly connecting with mine.

'I can't take the defeated and drained look that he had anymore....'

"Ran, is something wrong? You've been acting so strange ever since we left Reina's room..."

I was worried beyond compare. I pushed aside the fact that he doesn't trust me, and pushed my feelings through.

I don't care anymore if he's forgotten about me or anything.

I've always tried to keep my feelings for him under the radar but just seeing him so lifeless like this, I couldn't take it anymore.

This wasn't the Ran that I knew from before, this Ran looks...

Traumatized.

It seemed like Reina wasn't the only one who's experiencing it.

"Ran, let's go watch something. Maybe a movie?" My voice was soft, I tried to hide my worry but I just couldn't.

I just hope he sees it...

Pulling him up from his seat, I stumbled a bit from his towering height. I felt his hand instantly grip my waist, his other hand gripping my wrist before kissing my knuckles.

"Akari..." His silent voice uttered, eyes glazed. I churned my eyes when he muttered her name again. She's from the past, but it still affects me for a reason.

Akari Honemichi, she was Ran's girlfriend. Albeit his first one. They broke up after six months in their relationship for unknown reasons, especially when they looked so happy together.

I remember correctly that after they broke up Ran never went back in the dating industry. The way he was currently acting was almost similar to how he acted back then.

He's acting like a rundown machine. He's making it seem like everything around him is about to collapse.

It is disheartening.

"Ran, I'm not Akari. You two broke up remember? I'm Y/n."

I tried to pierce through the dead look in his eyes, my hands gently gripping his shoulders as I gently shaked him.

I don't know what did the trick but once I stopped shaking him, Ran came back to reality.

He blinked his lavender eyes, the eyes that I've always been entranced with. His hand cupped my cheeks, turning my head left and right before suddenly enveloping me in a surprise hug.

"Ran?"

He was breathing heavily, sweat forming on his nape as he continued to hug my smaller figure. His hands grasping my body, his nose burrowing in my neck, his body heat radiating onto me.

"I'm sorry about that," He pulled away, turning his head away from me. Coughing out, "But also, let's talk about the wedding ceremony instead."

My head buffered. 'He changed topics that quick...'

It took me a while to fully absorb what he just said before I nodded my head.

After what just recently transpired, I've almost forgot about the wedding and also the request from my parents.

"Oh, also my parents would like to meet you and Reina," I informed him, slowly and gently helping him sit down on the soft leather couch before sitting next to him.

"They want to meet us? When?" He raised a brow, leaning forward to reach for the remote.

"Whenever you're free, I guess," I shrugged my shoulders. "They never said a specific date or time."

He nodded his head, turning the TV on before going to Netflix. I watched as he continued to look for something, before hearing him grumble and just decided to search for it.

"I thought you didn't want to watch a movie?"

"I never said anything of the like, momma,"

His teasing voice was evident in his sentence, a light smirk on his lips as he glanced at me teasingly. I just rolled my eyes. At least he was starting to feel better, on the outside.

"And besides," He reached over me, pulling me closer to him then leaning his face closer to mine.

A soft and sweet look on his face as he smiled at me gently, "We can use this opportunity to get to know each other more. I know for a fact that you're dying to know what's made me act like that, and as I said I don't trust you enough, so why not make me trust you more, hm?"

The way his tone changed from the usual closed off tone that he had, had disappeared. It became replaced with a much more inclusive and open tone, as if he was finally willing to have me actually be part of his life again.

"Well, I'll just let you know..."

Ran looked at me questioningly, his finger twirling my hair. My eyes warily looking at the movie that he chose.

'Of course it's a horror film.'

"I'm not a fan of horror that much,"