[1] ran haitani

cre: coco_07_vivi on X (Twitter)

<July 18, 2018 - 12:01 pm>

"Dad look!!" A cheery child exclaimed, running through the clean house and into the kitchen where her beautiful lavender eyes spotted her dear father.

His back was turned towards her, but his head immediately turned around and greeted the small child with a bright and loving smile.

"Reina-chan~" He cooed, placing down the peeler that he had, washing his hands then picking his daughter up. "Do you have a surprise for me?"

The blonde child nodded her head, opening the zip of her bag before taking out a test paper from the quiz that she had.

"Look! Look! I peer-fic-ted my kizz!" She squeezed herself to speak out, having trouble to properly pronounce her words.

Ran just laughed it off.

It was natural for a child of her age to be sputtering, but he was still rather proud of the fact that she was smarter than average. Makes him rather proud that he skipped all those important business meetings for her.

Was also rather thankful to his brother for taking care of those for him, albeit the later seemed a bit pissed but still got the job done.

"Yay! You made papa proud, Reina-chan! Look, as my present I'm making you your favorite!"

Seeing the way his daughters' eyes glowed caused his heart to well up with warmth and happiness. He was rather glad that he was able to support her even without a mother.

'Even without a mother...' His thoughts pierced his mind. Eyes casting down as he remembered a day he wished not to remember.

Anywho, Ran is sure that he doesn't need to have a romantic relationship with someone else to help him take care of his daughter. He can handle it all on his own just fine.

Just fine.

'I'm fine taking care of Reina with only myself, and a bit of help from the rest.' He'd always remind himself those words.

Every day, every night, each passing second, minute, hour, day, months, years. He'd always remind himself that he is strong enough to take care of another entity.

He was able to take care of himself and his brother through life, albeit not the best way but they survived. That's all that mattered, survival.

"Here," He placed her down, kneeling to reach her height. "Why don't you go and play for a bit while I finish up lunch?" He bargained, ruffling her hair when she nodded her head. Chucking when he heard a small grumble leave out her pink lips.

"Dad! You mess my air up!" Her eyes glossed, startling Ran as he tried to calm his daughter down. "Miss (mispronounced name) made my air look so pweety too..." She pouted out, unaware of the fact that her father's frantic state suddenly came to a halt.

This was the first time he's heard of that name. Despite it being rather mispronounced courtesy of his daughter, he did quite catch the gist of her name.

Y/n. 'Is she a new teacher at that preschool?' He thought, but pushed it aside when he started to see tears forming in the corners of her lavender eyes.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I can fix it for you if you want, but it won't be a pretty as before..." He told her, reassurance in his tone as he went to pick up a comb and few more hair ties.

"Here..."

As a guy who once wore pigtails as his signature hairstyle back in the day, alongside styling his brothers hair, the final output of the child's hair was better than what it was before.

Twinkling stars came out Regina's eyes as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. A really shocked and happy expression on her face, bouncing on her feet before hugging her father's legs.

"Tank you, dad!" She squealed, running to the large mirror in the living room, admiring the work her father made.

Ran couldn't help but smile as he watched from the kitchen doorway. He had never felt pure joy in his life than seeing his daughter smiling. It was a change of pace in this dark life he's taken.

He'd prefer to look at the brighter side of that life more than the darker side. Because that lighter and brighter side gifted him something he'd admit that he would yearn for in his later years.

A family.

The only thing missing, was a mother or just anyone that can fit the role of one.

'Reina would love to have a mother figure... I just don't know if I'll be able to accept anyone after that...'

"Time will just tell, I guess..." He uttered, going back to the kitchen to continue making lunch.