[6] y/n l/n

<5:47 pm>

We were dropped off at a room, a few doors away from Ran's office. The guard didn't say anything, once we went inside the room, a loud thud erupted, shocking me.

I grumbled, clutching onto Reina, hoping that she wouldn't wake up.

"Y/n...?"

A familiar voice asked. I see Teddy stand up, looking at me confused.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

I blinked my eyes, walking towards her. Placing down Reina on the sofa, I sat next to her. Teddy sitting back down next to me.

Silence danced us once Teddy nodded her head. I don't know what to say to her anymore.

Well, I could technically ask her about... that.

Senju had told me about Teddy's plan. It shocked me, it seemed absurd to a certain point.

"Why did you want to get a divorce?" I asked, my eyes on the tray filled with refreshments. In my peripheral, I can visibly see her tense and flinch from my question.

She bit her lip, turning her head to the side before heaving out a quaking sigh.

"Senju?"

I nodded, feeling guilty for the fact that I know. She and Sanzu were so close back them but wuay happened to cause her to want a divorce?

I know they live separately but not too long ago, specifically two months ago, they were just fine. They were going on dinner dates and just seemed like everything on the surface was fine.

"I don't plan on going forward with it, don't worry." She took out the papers from her purse, blankly staring at the material, reading.

I just watched her face, how her lips purse, her eyebrows crinkle, her eyes slowly blinking. She look like she's regretted having those papers processed.

"Then why...?"

"I plan on doing something with it," She placed the papers back.

"But enough of that. I heard that you visited home with Ran?"

"Yeah," I took Reina, placing her head on my lap when I saw her squirming. Softly caressing her head, I hummed a small tune.

'Reina... she seemed to be experiencing nightmares all of a sudden...'

I am worried. I don't want her to start being paranoid, she's just too young for these.

Ran is also starting to experience these things, but he's able to keep them at bay due to him being an adult, but Reina, she's just a child.

"Is something wrong...?" Teddy asked, also looking at Reina who was starting sweat, baby tears started to form in the corners of her eyes, her small fingers gripping my shirt as she thrashed.

"Reina, she's getting nightmares. It started yesterday, and Ran said that Reina never gets nightmares..." I bit my lip, wiping the flowing tears off her face and giving her a soft kiss on her forehead.

I'm not a therapist nor am I an experienced mother. I'm just a preschool teacher, teaching in the school my family owns for the past 3 years.

I know nothing about parenting, but after seeing how Ran has always been a single father raising a child by himself, it made me realize that even if our marriage is a contract, I want to care and love Reina like a mother would.

I'm trying my best to be a preferable mother, whether Ran likes it or not, I'll try my hardest to cater to the role.

My thumb strode softly on her cheeks, the pads of my finger feeling her chubby cheeks.

"You're better at parenting then me..." I heard Teddy mumble. I looked at her, my eyes confused.

Teddy had a shamed and disappointed smile on her face, her eyes downcast while her eyebrows furrowed.

I don't know much about her and Sanzu's relationship as parents, but it seemed like she was disappointed by herself for something.

"Better than me..." She spewed out a broken laugh, her hands tightening around the skirt that she wore.

I was confused, I don't quite follow where she was heading at first. I've known Teddy when we were young, but despite that, Teddy herself kept her deepest thoughts to herself most of the time. She's never told me anything that's sensitive.

Teddy was about to say something when the door opened, causing her to clam her mouth. Her head turned when Sanzu walked inside the room, following behind was Ran, both had a grim look on their faces.

"Y/n, let's go home. I'm done for the day," Was all he said before coming to me.

Ran lifted the small child in his embrace, softly kissing her forehead when he saw the tear stains. He was by the door, his back turned to me.

I don't know whether I should follow him and ride in the car, or should I just use a taxi. I was hesitant to stand and approach him.

"Aren't you coming?" He called back to me.

I didn't answer, hastily walking to him before I took out my phone when I felt it vibrate.

Teddy: I hope that things will go well on your end, including mine...

She had her eyes down, not daring to look at Sanzu in his eyes.