FOURTEEN

Back to Present

Fadekemi was now standing, her body couldn't take it anymore. The woman she called friend was nothing but a witch. Yes, Aje buruku! (Evil Witch)

Lolu said there on her bed, his head buried in his two palms as he didn't even know what to think. He felt so stupid! To think he had been feeling guilty towards her all of these while. She had simply trapped him in the marriage and for an insanely stupid reason for that matter.

Silently, he picked his phone. The two ladies looked at him confused, like what does phone have to do with all of these?

"Hello Tobi". Lolu said and the two women exchanged looks, eyeing each other once their eyes met.

"Tobi bawo". Shindara said, wondering what Tobi had to do with all these.

T: What do you mean by Tobi?

"Your madam go come house now, ehn... She dey pack comot". Lolu explained to Tobi who happened to be the gateman.

"Ah". Shindara shouted and went on her knees.

"That one no concern you oooo, see, na only her clothes and all her rubbish she dey pack ooo". Lolu continued over the phone.

"Lolu jor, oko mi... Jo, I'm begging you, don't do..." Shindara pleaded but Lolu pushed her away before she could even finish making her fall with her ass to the floor.

T: Lolu please, my husband.... Please

Fadekemi sat there laughing, she enjoyed the way she was crying and looking helpless. She couldn't forget how much she had cried that day in her hotel room when she found out she was marrying Lolu. She cried like her whole world was falling apart.

"This woman, don't let me injure you ooo!" Lolu warned her, waving his index at her.

"Ehn ehn Tobi, my cars, money, and anything that you know belongs to me must not follow her and leave that house. Only the Toyota Camry, yes, she can leave with that. If I meet her in that house when I return or see say she carry my things, you don lose your job be that ooo". Lolu instructed Tobi over the phone and hung up.

He looked at Shindara with hate and disgust, her face annoyed him.

"It's better you leave now madam, they say you should go and pack your things". Fade told her mockingly. She shot Fade a death glare but Fade looked away laughing.

"Sha leave my house". Fade told her and shamefully, she left the room, slowly making her way out in tears.

Back in the room, Lolu picked his bag which he had with him when he came the previous night.

"Ahn ahn, babe..." Fade started, surprised to see him carrying his bag but he was quick to cut her off.

"Don't babe me Fade! Don't!" He told her firmly, eyes blinded by tears as he thought about the reality of his life.

"Lolu na..." Fade tried talking again, moving closer to him.

"Fade fimile! Leave me alone. What if I hadn't married her, what if I married a total stranger with my own happy family? Or what if I had actually fallen in love with her and married her?" Lolu asked her, sniffling.

She was now there standing in tears, reality hitting her that she could be losing him. She fumbled with her fingers as she watched him yell at her. She could see his pain in every word he said and she knew she had fucked up.

"Now you are quiet. Okay!" Lolu said nodding and sniffling. "What if our family taboo was actually a real thing?" Lolu asked, this time calmly, tears rolling down his face.

"Ah!" Fade shouted remembering Shindara mentioned it in her story. Fear shook her immediately.

"Oh! You can't just go away with a person's child. Seven years, seven years and not once did it occur to you to mention anything. I'm taking it the child is 6 now?" Faded nodded.

"Six years of the child's life, no father! How does that make you feel? How does that make our child feel? I wonder what story you made up". Lolu said, he looked away and scoffed.

"You people now turned my life to a game, playing on it like a football field. My entire life I thought I had built, ass iro ni! All lies and secrets! The two of you, only God will judge you". He said, picked his bag and left the room.

Fade began running after him explaining. "I was scared, I was young, I was stupid". She started while following behind him.

"My parents wouldn't have it, Shindara's advice felt like the best at the time. Malcolm, he knows about you". Lolu paused!

"Yes!" She said. "I told him how I ran away in fear and that one day, he would meet you. He is a smart little boy and understood perfectly". She paused. They were both standing on the stairs now, Lolu a step ahead with his back to her as they both cried.

"I'm sorry Lolu, I'm really sorry!" She cried out but he only looked back at her, shook his head and left. She slowly sat on the stairs crying loudly.

She regretted it! If she had known she would have told him. She wouldn't have been a coward and run. The fear of rejection was what made her flee, she thought she could be better off on her own with her kid, until she came for the wedding and realized that no amount of years could make her get over him.

The love she felt for him, it was beyond the sex and the fun, she really did love him. Everyday, looking at her son felt like she was staring right at him. She held onto her left chest and cried even more.

The thought of losing him completely scared her, thought of their son losing his father. She couldn't take it!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This chapter! I feel bad for Lolu.
Should he forgive her?

Oh... I'm sorry, who pities Shindara and where would she go now?

~~~~~~~~

I want to say a huge thank you to those who had been reading this book. Although practically everyone has been ghost reading 😭 I'm still grateful.

As the book approaches it's end, yes! It's end being a short book, I would like to announce that a new book would be released soon. Visit my Instagram and express you reader's opinion and power by voting on the book you want me to publish next.

Have a blessed week.

TANGLED HEARTSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें