NINE

Back to Present!

Everyone was now seated. Lolu sat at the edge of Fade's bed, Fade sat in the bed, her back resting on the bed's rest board. Shindara on the other hand sat on the sofa which was on one side of the room.

Lolu sighed deeply after listening to Fade's story. It was quite unbelievable that everything was because of a boy from when they were 17.

"So because of that, you decided to act this whole play, because me I don't understand ooo". Lolu said, facing Shindara who was just smiling.

She felt happy to see the kind of sadness that was on Fade's face, it was that exact face she had pictured when she started all of these.

"I can't believe I became a father overnight and a pawn in my supposed wife's chess board. I mean, this all seems like it's a game to you". Lolu added, still facing Shindara.

For some reason, he could even look Fade in the eyes. He just didn't want to go there yet! The disappointment he felt for her having hidden the fact she was pregnant had no bounds. He just wasn't going there yet! That was private, between them.

"You don't see what she did wrong? You really don't?" Shindara asked Lolu who just threw his hands in the air because for reals, all of it felt stupid to him. It only annoyed him that he was caught up in her stupidity.

"You are just wicked! But in all of it, I just don't know why". Fade said shaking her head. She was holding back tears because she didn't think she deserved it.

"You think?" Shindara asked laughing.
"Was it even up to a year after Francis left, after you were bawling your eyes out over him? Was it up to a year before you started sleeping with Lolu? Calling me about this 'handsome' guy you met and how he took you v-card, how you never knew sex was so good!" She paused and laughed!

"For your mind, you dey flaunt man give me! Me Shindara!" Shindara said beating her chest. "Life comes, life goes! You come to carry belle, and you wan carry am dey happy uhn?" She asked.

"I don't get you! Was I supposed to stay hung on Francis forever? I mean how? Boy that left me?" Fade asked not getting the point of her while stupid excuses because nothing was making sense.

No matter what happens, you don't sleep with your friends man! Nah! Not even one she has a baby for, you just don't do it! It's uncalled for. Well they both did, because let's not forget that Fade was having and affair with Lolu while he was married to her friend.

"Because it all added up! I was pregnant for Francis!" Shindara said.

Both Lolu and Fade had their mouths hanging wide!

"You say? Preg what?" Fade asked as it wasn't even adding up. According to Francis, he and Shindara happened months before he and Fade.

"Okay, this just got more complicated! I'm so out of here!" Lolu said getting to leave but Shindara called him back.

"You can't without hearing my complete side of the story!" Shindara told him. He looked at Fade who nodded and then he sat back down.

"I was pregnant, yes! My parents had me remove it so I don't 'tarnish their name'. Well, yes, before I told you I liked him or before you two started dating". She said, Fade tried talking but she quickly continued.

"But.... I could have still had him if you weren't in the picture. When I heard you were pregnant, it reminded me of mine. I knew the Lolu you always spoke of probably loved you, he might have wanted to take things seriously since a baby was involved that was why I suggested to go far but you went to the US because unlike some of us whose family went bankrupt, yours were still rich!" Shindara finished.

Another angle Fade wasn't expecting.

"Walahi oya werey gan! Was I the one who asked you abort? Werey gbe oyun ni 17 and you are comparing it with mine? And bitch, I didn't ask your family to get bankrupt". Fade replied. She was now getting pissed. Form hurt to pissed because this woman was killing her with all her angle of reasoning.

T: I swear you are very mad.
T: This mad woman got knocked up at 17.

"Your father introduced mine to the business he invested in and got him bankrupt!" Shindara stated.

Fade scoffed. This was way too crazy for her. "My dad invested and early like crazy, it boosted his wealth. The only mistake he made was introducing your father because who knew the business would go down and who knew your greedy father would invest all his life's worth?"

"Because your father said it was sure! And like I stupidly trusted you always, so did father trust yours". Shindara spat.

"And bitch if you don't know about business shut your fucking mouth up because every investment is a risk, a business gamble. You go all in, you either lose all or earn massively, it was your father's choice!" Fade spelt it out to her but the tension had gotten even crazier, Lolu could literally not breathe.

"Okay! Break it up, break it up! For father made a bad business decision, fucked him up, nobody's fault". Lolu said, trying to put an end to the argument.

Shindara laughed. "Ofcourse, side with your whore!"

"Shut the fuck up! Just shut up!" Lolu said angrily. "How the fuck did you even plan all these?" He asked her.

"Well, it was meant to be a fool-proof plan. I had everything all mapped out for me until Choke got married". Shindara replied.

Lolu was once again confused but Fade was busy laughing as if she knew it all. Even Shindara was confused by Fade's laughter because she never told her anything about Chike.

"And what's even funny?" Lolu asked Fade angrily.

"Chike is the man she was cheating with! Remember that mutual friend I told you about last night". Fade told Lolu.

Shindara was shocked as to how Fade knew about him while Lolu was busy figuring things out.

"Oh so, that's what the attitude was about last night". Lolu said.

"Exactly, that she kicked you out of the house". Fade replied him.

"Well, he was my boyfriend. We were supposed to get married!" Shindara confessed.

And it never ends!

"Ladies calm please! This is beyond my clear eyes. Fade, do you still have that whiskey?" Lolu asked and she nodded.

She got up and went to the mini shelf in her room where she stored drinks and brought out Lolu's whiskey and three cups. She poured them all a little amount and handed Shindara a cup.

"Abi o mu?" Fade asked her sarcastically, eyeing her as she dumped the drunk in her hand.

"Okay, now please go on". Lolu said after having a sip of the drink.

"Let me take it from the top". Shindara said.

~~~~~~
Who is ready to listen to Shindara's story? Oh, y'all are?
Please loud it! Are y'all?

Let me take this time to tell you about my IG page! You can now follow me on IG with the username "thatnaijagirlwrites".
You can always get book updates there and share your voice further about the book to an even larger audience.
It's fun out there too.

On that note, don't forget to follow me on IG and here on Wattpad.
Comment
Vote
Share.

#thatnaijagirlwrites