EIGHT

FADE

Shindara stood there fuming! She looked like she could kill me. I couldn't even look her in the eyes, so I hit my face under Francis who was still on top of me.

Francis sighed, relieved as he got off me. "Ah, thank God it is you". He said before noticing the tension in the room.

He looked at me, and then Shindara and back at me, then his eyes widened in realization.

"You did not tell her?" He asked me and I nodded slowly.

"And this one will come and say she is my friend abi". She said angrily. "Game have start like that". She added and stormed off, slamming the door hard.

I looked at Francis apologetically as I rushed out after her. She was just at the door when I caught her. I grabbed her hand which she immediately removed and kept going.

"Let me explain na... Shindara! Shin.." She turned around, looked at me and walked off shaking her head.

I spent that day at her house trying to talk to her but she wouldn't listen. It was so hard for me, I felt I was losing my best friend! If only I had known that it would have been that bad.

That night, I turned and turned in my bed, thinking of ways to apologize to her. So I sent her a message.

*But shey you know even you, you are not innocent. You didn't tell me that you and Francis slept together*

Well, I tried to guilt trip her, yes! But guess what? It only got worse!

Shindara didn't speak to me for weeks until that very afternoon. I went to Francis house. He had told me days before that he had seen his WAEC results and they mirrored mine. We celebrated it but what I didn't see coming was this.

"Mummy, good afternoon ma". I greeted Francis mom who was busy helping Gift, her younger daughter with her assignment. It was a Saturday.

"Fadeke, how na?" She asked.

"I'm fine ma, is Francis inside?" I asked her in replied and she looked at me shocked.

"Brother Francis have travel out". Gift said innocently.

I looked at her mother to confirm if it was true and she nodded. My eyes got blinded by tears but I didn't want to start crying there.

"He did not tell you ni? Ha, he got scholarship to one school in UK, and he have travel early this morning". She explained to me and I nodded.

Not wanting her to see me cry, I ran out all the way to my house but my mom did see me.

"Fadeke! Fadeke!! Ah aha, egbami keh, why are you crying?" She asked me, worried.

"Nothing ma". I replied, I never dated tell her I was crying because of a boy.

"Ti mo ba gba eti fun e, what happened?" She asked me but this time firmly, with a very scary look but beneath it all, I could see she was just concerned.

"Francis, her boyfriend have travel to London". We bothe turned and saw Shindara standing there, feeling accomplished.

My mom looked at me to confirm how true that was but I couldn't say anything.

"Fadekemi 1, Shindara still coming up". She said and left.

So that was what she came to do, to taunt me but still, I felt guilty! It was me who went behind her back, I knew I offended her but I expected her to understand.

My mom just stared at me in disbelief, more like she didn't know what to do. I couldn't look her in the face, I just kept playing with my hands.

Ever since that day, Shindara and I didn't talk, for months! She avoided me and I kept trying until I got tired of trying.

Francis on the other hand contacted me, giving excuses of how he didn't know his father was working on it for him and he found out last minute. I didn't reply any of his messages. I felt as if he just played with me and disappeared.

My mom made me do more work and did not let me leave the house without permission, she made sure she knew exactly where I was going and that place must have zero boys.

It was hard for me those period until I finally gained admission into Unilag and had to leave home.

It was on my matriculation day Shindara showed up and finally decided to forgive me, or at least, I thought she did.

"There is no need to explain anything. Sebi the boy sef have travel out, why are we now fighting". That was what she said that day.

We hugged and made up, she even sneaked into my hostel that day and left the other day. I was happy I had my friend back.

"There are still many boys, enough to go round". I had told her and we swore to tell each other everything.

That was why everything that happened between Lolu and I when we started our situationship, she knew. She was that friend who encouraged me to go far with the pregnancy so that he doesn't know and that same friend that married the one man she knew I loved. The man whose child I bore.

I guess when she said back then that game had started, I took her words lightly or when she said Shindara still coming up, I thought it was a joke.

~~~~~~~
What do you all think? Was Fade the real cause of all these problems? Or was it Shindara's inability to forgive?

Who really is the bad friend?
Comment please!

Oh, there is more to come, for now, let's return to present.
My loves, do not forget to vote! Do you know what Wattpad says when you tap that star now? Why not check it out!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It says "thanks for voting".