087. charlie's back

They're at a bar with Charlie who has gotten back from Oz. Sam saw video footage of Charlie torturing a guy in his backyard and then they found her and realized that the one version of Charlie was killing people as revenge for the drunk driving accident her parents got into when she was a kid.

"There are two of you? One good, one... bad?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, what, dick you is some sort of a ninja?" Dean asks.

"She is a badass, yeah." Charlie nods.

"Okay, we were there for Dorothy, Oz, yellow brick road." Sam says. "B-but then..."

"War. The war of Emerald City. It was awesome... until not so much." Charlie says. "We were gonna lose, so I made a deal with the wizard... of Oz. Wears a hood and a creepy mask, kind of a jerk -- good times. He said for us to win, I had to unleash my true darkness, which he meant literally."

"He used the inner key of Oz. It opens a door to your soul and lets the darkness out. Uh, we're still connected physically. If you hurt her, you hurt me. But bottom line, she's bad, and I'm good. And let me just tell you, being good is really annoying. Normally in a place like this, I'd be pounding Harvey Wallbangers and checking out the bartender's ass. Now all I want to do is sip club soda and send her to college."

"Okay, uh... Good Charlie. So, why is dark Charlie gunning for revenge?" Dean asks.

"She's trying to win me back. Dark Charlie won the war single handedly. But... she did some truly awful things. But I told her I didn't want any part of her near me again -- ever. Going after the person who mur-- mur-- uh... who took my parents away is her messed up way of showing me how close we are, or-or could be. I keep calling her "she," but she's me. I'm the one doing this."

"Charlie, that-- that's not who you are, okay? It's-- it's a twisted version of--"

"Me." Charlie says, cutting Dean off. "I've been following her so I can catch her before she does something stupid and just lock her away forever."

"Uh, Charlie? That's not an answer." Sam says.

"Sam's right. We'll go back to Oz, and we'll-- we'll get the key from the wizard of douche, and we'll put you back together." Dean says.

"Even if I did want her back... look, dark me broke the key. There's no way to get back to the wizard." Charlie says.

"Okay, okay, first thing's first. We need to find dark Charlie before she finds the drunk driver. So, we know Barbara gave up her old bank statements, right? That means dark Charlie will probably follow the money back to whoever made the payoffs." Sam says.

"That's what I would do." Charlie says.

"All right." Sam says.

"I'll get some refills." Dean says, grabbing their glasses and going to the bar.

"We need you to hack into Barbara's bank accounts." Sam tells Charlie, taking his laptop out.

"I can't." Charlie says, pushing the laptop back towards Sam.

"What?" Sam asks.

"It's bad. I told you -- being good is annoying." Charlie says.

"How about this? How about you guide me through the process, and then I'm the bad one?" Sam suggests and Charlie nods a little.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, so, Barbara's payments all came from offshore accounts, which were routed through dummy corporations, which have all gone belly up." Sam says.

"All right, skip to the end, dragon tattoo. They all lead back to this guy?" Dean asks.

"Russell Wellington. And according to his personal records, he had a-a car that was reported stolen... the week of the accident. A car that was never recovered. And after the supposed "theft," he went on a sabbatical from work for two weeks and returned to work with bruises and a broken ankle."