"Oh really? Who?" I asked

"Brazil and Mexico!" Pennsylvania smiled

"OH MERCY!" I shouted then quickly calmed myself to pray "Ah reckon yonder Lord above could save me if he's inclined..."

"Oh yeah." Florida muttered."He's like your dad."

"Dag nabbit, Ain't no doubt about it he's my pa!" I stated,"What y'all reckon could happen if he found out who I was?" I questioned

"He'd want to talk to you, I think." Pennsylvania answered

"What am I fixin' to say? Well, howdy there, my ol' pops! Guess what? Your young'un done gone and got all independent and turned into a good ol' American state!" I exclaimed with lots of emotion with my accent thickening."I'm hittin' the dirt soon."

"You sound all depressed like Alaska." Florida pointed out

"I'm feeling low as a snake's belly." I replied with honesty

"Okay, let's get you to Dixie." Pennsylvania said as she grabbed my arm to lead me to him.

"He can't help me. I'm done fer." I muttered as they dragged me off.

"How's it hangin'?" Confederate questioned as I sat by him in his room.

"God-awful," I replied with a frown

"I feel you, darlin'" Dix responded as he slang an arm around me, and Penny pushed florida out of the room and left."It's been batshit crazy lately."

"You dang skippy." I said in agreement.

"Don't fret none, now you just leave it to me. I'll keep ya safe, don'tcha worry none!" Confederate promised

"Thank ya kindly." I smiled

"DINNERTIME!" I then heard Oregon scream from across the house.

"I say let's go eat supper." Dixie said before he slapped my arm and got up.

I approached the table and sat beside Bama. While Delaware set out the first bits of the food, I saw Mexico with Brazil laughing in Spanish. It's so...weird to be seeing him again. I mean, America mentioned him in passing conversation, and so did Mexicos other kids that were now states.

Note to self-talk to California, Arizona, Colorado Nevada, Utah and New Mexico about the situation.

I looked to see them with a similar expression as me. I put my hand on my belt as Mexico sat down, not noticing the 7 children gaping at him. My hand rested on my gun that was in my belt. Arizona walked over to sit by ne and nudged me.

"Is that...?" She muttered. I nodded

"Sure is..." I added. She glanced at Cali, who was by New Mexico. The two were holding hands. Dad walked by us, and as he did, he put a hand on our backs for reassurance. I lowered my hat and looked down to eat.

People were talking, though it was mostly the countries and some northern states, who were trying to act normal. Alabama and Florida added something every now and then but the two seemed to be mostly focused on having one hand on their guns and the other holding a fork or spoon.

Everyone wasn't quite this tense with Alaska or the original 13 because Alaska isn't a direct daughter of any of the Slavs around today and the 13 know how to beat up Britain.

But us, yeah we have guns and experience but that's my father. Our father who was a total ass but now is everyone's favorite Mexican country. I know Mexico knows I'm here but I'm just hoping he can't find me.

After dinner we held am Ex-Mexico state meeting, that included me, California, Arizona and New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Colorado.

"Plan of action?" Utah asked

"Stay away or confront him?" New Mexico questioned

"Stay away." I answered

"No we need to talk to him." Nevada pressed

"Why?" Arizona asked "He's an asshole! Want me to say it in Spanish? el es un gilipollas!"

"Because he's our dad." Colorado replied "we owe him that."

"We don't owe him crap!" New Mexico yelled

"We should atleast try." Nevada pleaded "Dad would also want us to reconnect with him."

Nevada hit the sweet spot. We can't say no to making dad happy.

<Canada pov>

"Congrats Canada you won." Australia said as he handed me a zip lock bag full of money.

"Huh-?" I started

"The bet. you won. it was Mexico." He explained "congrats."

"Thanks- I guess?" I said as I put it in my pocket.

"Cheater." Australia spat playfully as he jogged away

"What do you mean-!" I shouted after him as I ran.

-
Thank you so much for reading! Please give me a follow if you are enjoying!
1208 words