Nightmares and Sleeplessness

<Dixie pov>

I have sweet tea. Tea is what keeps me sane. In due time, EVERYONE Flooded back to the main area, including countries, and it was all over chaos.

America had a gun and was shouting about capitalism to Russia, who was denying being communist. Ukraine was attempting to fling off of Canada and have Wyoming cushion her fall. Belarus was talking to Alaska, UK was arguing with multiple states, France was with Louisiana in a corner, and Australia and New Zealand were fighting with states betting on them.

I went over to America.

"-AND THATS WHY AMERICA IS BETTER!" Ame declared then saw me "also hi Dix!"

"Hiya."

"I didn't say anything, American." Russia murmured

"Sure, sure." America laughed, then looked at me. "You alright?"

"Yeah!" I answered. "I might just go to bed early."

"Oh ok, goodnight." America said as he hugged me. I smiled and then walked up to my room.

I sighed as I shut my door. I praticly leaped onto my bed. I got comfortable and shut my eyes to sleep.

I did not anticipate a nightmare

I walked into the old-fashioned dining room carrying the last dish with an old yet familiar head ache. I was about to sit down until I realized only 10 of my states were there.

"Where is Texas?" I asked. All of my states got nervous.

"I'm not sure." Georgia answered clearly, trying to keep a neutral face. North and South Carolina stirred in their seats.

"Brats..." I muttered under my breath. Georgia jumped up immediately.

"Stop!" They yelled and ran after me. "Don't hurt them. Let me talk to them."

"Why?" I asked as the headache got worse. He stuttered an answer, and I smiled. Not my normal smile, a toothy grin of a man who enjoyed children's screams. I continued to walk to his room.

"Please!" Georgia begged still following. I reached Texas door and banged on it.

"Texas!" I yelled,"OPEN THIS DOOR." I heard the door unlock to reveal a shaking, terrified child. Georgia immediately ran in front of Texas.

"Please come back, Dixie!" Georgia pleaded. "We miss you! Dad misses-!" I slapped them. Georgia fell over and started to cry as they reached up to their face to touch the newly red rash.

"Don't call him that." I stated. Georgia nodded. I turned to Texas. "What's your issue?"

"I-I...I don't wanna be here!" They cried."I wanna go home!"

"You are home now. Go eat!" I demanded harshly. They ran out of the room to go to the dining room.

"South Carolina can't keep fixing me and North Carolinas injuries." Georgia whispered

"If you did what you were supposed to, everything would be peachy," I laughed. "You like dem peaches, right?"

"I miss you." Georgia whispered

"What are ya even talkin about?" I questioned

"You before this!" Georgia yelled and pointed to my new flag."This!" Anger swelled in me.

"I GOT BETTER!" I yelled as I grabbed Georgia's arm and pulled him to the door. They screamed and squirmed as I dragged them down the hall. "YOU NEED TO STOP MAKIN UP DEM STORYS!" I opened the basement door and tossed her down. I then locked it and went to eat dinner.

I sat down, and all of my states looked more terrified than usual.

"What's the problem?" I asked

"Where's Georgia?" South Carolina questioned

"Oh, being punished." I replied. They all gasped.

"Can I bring her food?" South Carolina asked hesitantly

"No." I stated

"Are they okay?" Alabama asked

"What did they do!?" Florida questioned

"No more questions." I sighed.

"No, where is my brother?" North Carolina shouted. I stood up and marched over to him and smacked him in the face. It seems a little hit here or there can work well for discipline. It felt good whenever I hit them like a drug. A very good one as a matter of fact. I hit him again and again until all the States were screaming at me to stop. I smiled as he stumbled onto the ground. How weak he wasnt even able to take a couple of slaps and punches.

Then I saw the fork in my hand.

I jumped awake, covered in sweat. God, I hated of when I dreamed about them and me back then.

A haze is terrifying. You can't think it's like you're not even there. Your brain is like a blank slate that knows only violence. When I was under the haze there, I was always plagued with the worst of head aches every day. They never went away.

I got out of bed and checked the time. 2:14 nice. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I knew the states forgave me, but I felt guilty. I remember it all but I couldn't make my own decisions. I used to hit and burn the states and completely isolate them from knowing much knowledge about the war or their dad. I also had a big rule about the states being my states and not his. It was pretty fucked up.

<New York pov>

I don't really sleep. I just haven't really needed to for a while now. I have no bag under my eyes or anything like that I look perfectly normal but I haven't slept since...since...I'm not sure.

I usually just stay in my room and scroll on tiktok or something, but today I'm in the kitchen making coffee. I grabbed a mug and I put water in the percolator and put it on the stove to boil. I slumped against the kitchen counter and looked out the window. It was the type of dark where it's all pretty in the sky with purples and really deep blues and sometimes with the moon brightly in the middle. I smiled and took out my phone. I had missed messages from hours ago good going New York. I couldn't respond now though it was way too late.

My coffee was done so I poured it into my mug. I sipped on it for a moment then sighed. Sometimes it was hard being alone in times like this. I just feel sad and like I want someone to talk to.

I know you must be thinking "New York why not just sleep?" Well my friend at this point I don't think I can. I've tried pills, vitamins and meditation the only way I can sleep is a punch to the head. But one of my worst fears is one day falling asleep then not waking up. I'm a state yes but we can still have medical issues. I could theoretically fall asleep then not wake up and fall into a coma of some sort.

I walked back to my room in silence and sipped on my Coffee.

-
So when I originally wrote this, Texas was West Virginia, but ig my source was wrong, so
1159 words