Wine and a chat after work

Carina's POV

*knock knock*

"Come in" I said after I heard a knock on my office door.

"Hey carina" said Arizona as she walked in and shut the door behind her.

"Hey, it's nice to see you, I haven't seen you in a long time" I said.

"Yeah, we haven't hung out in a long time, so I was actually coming to ask you if you wanted to hang out a joe's bar tonight" she asked.

"Hanging out sounds fun but I've had a long day and I don't really feel like going out, but you could come to mine and we could crack open a bottle of wine" I replied"

"Yeah that sounds awesome, meet you in the lobby in an hour ?" She suggests.

"Awesome, I'll see you then" I said with a smile as she left.

Thank god Arizona wants to hang out tonight, I go crazy every time Gabriella and Maya are working the same shift, a few years ago I only had Maya to worry about, but now Gabriella as well, I can't handle it some times, and knowing they are out on a call scares me even more, I've have not heard from them since this morning. I only normally have Luca to hang out with who is a bit of a hand fun at the moment, I mean he did skip the terrible 2's stage but ever since he started school it's like he's a different person, always getting into trouble.

—————

"Hey girl, hey Luca" said Arizona as she walked into the lobby.

"No" replied Luca.

"Oh someone is in a bad mood" Arizona said to me.

"Well someone punched a child in daycare today" I replied.

"He deserved it, he took my toy" Luca said angrily.

"Well we need to learn to share bambino... ready to go?" I asked Arizona.

"Hell yeah" she replied as we both walked to our cars and met up at the house.

————

"Please make yourself comfortable, I'm just going out Luca to bed and I'll be right out" I told her as I took Luca into his room and got him ready for bed and then returned back to Arizona.

"Sorry about him, he's been picking up some bad behaviour's lately, we are not sure what to do, the only place he seems to behave is at the station, between you and me I think he gets a little scared of miller and Gibson" I said laughing.

"Honestly I can relate, but just you wait until he gets older, the other day I got a phone call from Sophia at 5am to come and pick her up, she snuck out the house once I went to bed. And she was absolutely hammered. She is 16 for god sake, and when I told Callie she just laughed and thought it was funny and so did Sophia, but she really paid the price when she woke up" Arizona told me laughing as I cracked open the bottle of wine.

"I would have never expected that is Sophia, thankfully I never went through that with Gabriella, she was so focused and sport I don't really think she thought about drinking, she doesn't really like it now, she's maybe have a glass if it has been a bad shift, but that's it, it's not like she can go out anyways because she is 20 but I don't mind if she has a few, she's an adult and can make her down decisions, plus the drinking age in Italy is 18." I told her.

"You have the most perfect daughter, a firefighter and an Olympic gold medalist who is so kind and thoughtful, you really won the jackpot" she told me.

"Well actually she just got promoted to lieutenant this morning" I told her proudly.

"Omg that's amazing car, you should be so proud"she replied.

"I really am, and so are Owen and teddy, they wanted to throw her a little party to celebrate which is a great idea, just the firefighters and close family and friends and they offered to host which is even better, when we set a date I'll let you know." I said.

"That will be awesome, thank you....... Carina, I have a really important question to ask you and I know you will have to talk it through with Maya and it's a big decision, but as you know I'm looking for a fellow for fetal surgery, I want you to be my next fellow" she asked me as my jaw literally hit the floor.

"Arizona are you serious" I said in shock.

"I'm deadly serious carina, there is no other person I would want, you are an amazing surgeon and you are amazing with the moms, so please just think about it." She tells me.

"Of course I'll think about it zona, thank you, thank you" I say as I hug her tightly

"No problem carina, I really think you will be the best person for the job" she replies as we were interpreted by Luca.

"Mama, I had a bad dream" Lucca says as he jumps onto carinas lap.

"Oh bambino, let's get you back to bed and mama will lie with you until you fall back to sleep" I tell him as I pick him up and start walking towards his room as there was a knock on the door.

"Arizona, would you..." I said as she was already getting up to answer the door.

I then proceeded to take Luca back to his room before I the fear in arizonas voice.

"CARINA" Arizona shouted through the house.

"I'll be back baby" I tell Luca as I run to the front door to see to police officers stood at the door. I knew what this meant, one of my babies were hurt.

"Which one" I asked as a test formed in my eye.

"Doctor carina Deluca, we are here to inform you that there has been an incident." The officer said.

"Which one !" I replied.

" I'm sorry to inform you that Lieutenant Deluca-bishop and captain bishop have both been injured, please come with us" they told me as all the tears started streaming down my face.

"Go carina, I've got him" Arizona said as I ran out the front door.

———————————
Thank you to everyone who has ready the very few chapters so far, it means a lot.

Please continue to share this story if you you are enjoying it and vote for it as always.

I'm now student at university so my aim to to upload at least twice a week so please look out for updates.

Also you you guys have any suggestions to comment them or what you think of the story so far