Chapter 16: Guilt

Start from the beginning

"I asked for a minute alone with her, I called her my first mate because I always promised her that's what she would be.....she must've thought I meant Cabaji! Why are you always all so quick to think the worst of me??"

"You don't exactly have the best reputation," Mihawk said.

"Can you not go and look for her?? I can't! I'm just a dumb head!!"

"I'll go," Cabaji offered.

"Now hang on, maybe she went for a dip," Luffy shrugged.

"That would make sense," Mihawk said, "the child perhaps wants to be alone with her thoughts for a while."

"Oh great, so you're all just going to leave her thinking bad things about me."

".....well, she already suspects you have a... romantic history...with Alvida," Mihawk smirked.

Buggy's eyes glowered angrily at Mihawk, "are you FUCKING SHITTING ME???!!!"

Mihawk, Luffy and Shanks then quickly left the room and closed the door, leaving Buggy to rant with a Cabaji.

Cabaji sighed, he then set Buggy down and opened the box. His hands and feet were the only things they found a they attached to him. "I should've told her that you didn't..."

".....yes you should. But did you know she thought that?"

Cabaji shook his head.

"....then it's that damn bounty hunters fault. He should've told her, but he chose to let her to believe that....because they want me to suffer for all my past mistakes."

Cabaji sighed, "Its true you have a complicated history with everyone here except me, Richie and Mojhi. But at least we all worked together to help you."

"No. They worked together to help Lydia, there's a difference. But I'm glad they did. She doesn't deserve to suffer or be unhappy. Which is why I think she made the wrong choice picking me," he looked down.

"Captain, she loves you—"

"Cabaji, just....go. Please. Put me back in the box. I just want to be alone."

Cabaji sighed, but instead of putting him in the box, he took it and left. Buggy watched him leave and sighed himself. He remembered when Lydia was hurt like this when they were young, but he was there for her.

"Everyone thinks I am weird. No one likes me here," the 7 year old girl cried on the rooftop sitting by 13 year old Buggy.

 No one likes me here," the 7 year old girl cried on the rooftop sitting by 13 year old Buggy

"And what does that matter?" Buggy had replied "The people who matter the most know that you're not weird

"And what does that matter?" Buggy had replied "The people who matter the most know that you're not weird. You're special. You're special to your mom and dad....and me. You're not alone, Lydia. I've always felt the same way. But now we have each other."

"I know...it's just.."

Buggy sighed, so he gave her a kiss on her cheek. She always did when he was blowing up steam.

He then blushed because he never did that and quickly looked down. "You mean a lot to people. Even to me."

Lydia blushed when he kissed her cheek and looked at him, but he was looking out at sea.

She sniffled, "this is one of the reasons why I want to leave."

"And that's why I would do it. I will have my very own crew and take you away from all this. Your folks too. That is if they want to." He wasn't looking, but he reached over and held her hand. "Best friends...always and forever."

"Forever...and ever." She rested her head on his shoulder and he blushed at her. He then showed a small reassuring smile down at her.

Buggy wished she would understand. It was probably more complicated since they were older and more mature.

That night, Lydia-was sitting on the anchor the whole time, finally came to the cabin door. She opened and seen Buggy laid on his small side in the hammock. He of course was awake.

"B-Bug?"