Ch. 11: Newish Beginning

"I said get out!"

Cynder had once again proved his room is not the most private as Lithum could not change with all his constant staring.

"Please can I stay? Just this once? She's still out there, I can feel it." He said. Apparently his aunts beating was still fresh on his mind.

"Fine, but turn around and don't look. And don't make me regret doing this." Cynder nodded his head, his black hair bouncing with every shake.

"It's ironic how when I met you, you were totally scary. Now look who's scared." He thought to himself.

Focusing back on the clothes, Lithum picked them up, feeling the soft and cool silk once more. He examined the skirt piece only to find it was a pair of silk tights with a skirt cover. It gave him some relief to know he wouldn't be fully exposed if he decided to fly. Putting them on was gonna be a struggle but it was much better than the cloak bedsheets and vine robes.

After a very long time of wrestling with slippery cloth, he finally squeezed into the bottom half of the outfit. It was like a normal dress with tights built into it, which meant he now had to struggle getting the top piece on.

"This is gonna take all night." He thought. However, someone else seemed to think of the same thing and a pair of large hands were now on his shoulders, making him jump slightly and turn around.

"Need some help?" Cynder said, he seemed to hold in a chuckle as Lithum turned around. A blush crept up the old gods face and he turned away, nodding his head after a short scolding for creeping up on him.

"Let me go get Aunt Jill, she can help you out." He said, patting his shoulder before walking out of the room.

Now that he was alone...

"Mo, where did you go?" Lithum asked. The little dragonling had been wandering around ever since they were rushed in here. At his call, he came rushing out from behind a curtain.

"Here Lithum!" He chirped. It appeared he was sleeping in the curtain as he was squinting and rubbing his eyes.

"Awww is my little Mortem sleepy?" He said, picking up the dragonling. It had been a rough day today. Hell it was still his first day but everything seemed to be happening at once. He held the dragonling almost like a baby, if it weren't for his size. The dragonling seemed to grow bigger in the short time they were here. But that didn't matter as he was mostly supporting them with the wind anyways.

"Most useful power ever," He thought to himself as he rocked Mortem back and forth. Within a short period, the dragonling had gone back to sleep. A small pop sounded and he looked around to find a scale had shook itself free. Letting the wind hold Mortem, he bent down to pick it up.

It was a small scale, but smooth. He decided to keep it for now, tucking it gently into a pocket of the dress. He checked behind the curtain to find even more scales. He knew he couldn't fit them all in pockets so maybe...

His thoughts were interrupted by more popping and a door opening. He turned just in time to see a scale flying right at him-

-and Cynder and Jill walk through the door.

The scale hit him and he went down, startling everyone in the room. Mortem was still sound asleep, turning every now and then. Cynder had rushed to his side, with Jill not far behind.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Cynder asked, concern filling his voice. Lithum rubbed his head where the scale hit and after a brief period, got off the floor.