Chapter 22: OMG NICK!!!

About a month after the last chapter

Charlie's pov:

I've been lessening my work hours/meetings because as much as i love my job, i'm so uncomfortable with the twins. Not to mention Colette just isn't here because of daycare so i'm just kinda done. I finished a meeting, closed my laptop, and made sure that was my last one for today. It was and thank god for that!

I get up from the office and go to couch. Laying down, i check the time- 2:26-i still have about an hour and a half till nick comes home:(

Though now i can watch my show without distractions, so i turn on my favorite show (use your imagination) and lay back down, rubbing my 4 month belly.

(Hour and half later)

I hear nick come through the door with colette and i yell-

Charlie: "In the family room!!"

I hear him drop his bag and start to walk over down the hall until i see his face, smiling and holding our daughter.

Nick: "hi baby"

Charlie: "hi"

there's a pause and i realize why we aren't making our right now is because colette is asleep.

Charlie: "tired huh?"

He nods and places her in the other couch. I stand up and one i do i feel-

Charlie: "OMG NICK!!"

Colette wakes up and nick looks panicked.

Charlie: "THEY MOVED NICK I SWEAR TO GOD THEY MOVED"

Nick: "OMG WHAT!?!"

He gets down on the floor getting close to my stomach, rubbing it himself, and kissing it a few times.

colette: "papa what happen?"

she rubs her tired eyes and looks up at us.

Charlie: "the babies moved!"

She looks very excited and gets up-

Colette: "Feel!! Feel!!"

She reaches up, besides nick. Nick reaches under her armpits and lifts her on his knee, so she can feel.

Charlie: "do you feel that honey?"

She nods excitedly.

Colette: "when come??"

Nick: "well not for a little while longer."

Colette: "good! daddy and papa all mine!"

We laugh slightly until nick says something

Nick: "well you know that when the babies come they will need a little more attention because they are still learning about the world. But that doesn't mean we don't love you any less. We still love you and we will always play with you when we can. But they will need a little more help, do you understand that?"

Colette: "yeah i get daddy"

He kisses her head and lets her go, though she stays on his lap.

Colette: "want cuddle!"

She giggles and nick picks her up and places he on his hip. Then uses his free hand to grab my hand.

Nick: "come on we all need some cuddles"

I crack a smile and let him lead me upstairs.

Once we get upstairs, he gets on his side of the bed (closest to us) and places colette in the middle, while i waddle over to the other side.

Finally laying down, i wrap an arm around my belly and the other at colette's face/hair.

Nick comes closer- still leaves a little room for colette- and places an arm around her head to stroke my small bicep, while the other supports his head.

It's silent for a moment until colette states-

Colette: "i love papa and daddy!"

Nick: "we love you too baby!"

we all drift slightly off to sleep like this and the last thought i have before i fall into a dream is how i could never be happier.