Chapter 35

Meeting Kıvılcım brought back memories of Mehmet's relationship with her. On the one hand, he was surprised by her presence at the opening of the hotel, and on the other hand, he was very excited. It's been years since they broke up.

Mehmet: Omer and Kıvılcım, how long have they been married?

Ismail: Why are you asking?

Mehmet: That's what I ask. Omer got divorced a while ago, which is why I'm asking. I thought he was alone.

Ismail: More than a year.

Mehmet: Hm.

Ismail: They have a one-year-old son.

Mehmet was in shock. He thought he misheard.

Mehmet: Son? They have a son?

Ismail: Yes. What are you so curious about?

Mehmet: Ehm, how to say this ... I was once in a relationship with Kıvılcım.

Ismail: Oh man, really?

Mehmet: Yes.

Ismail: Why did you split up?

Mehmet: Stupid thing ... I slept with her best friend.

Ismail: WHAT?

Mehmet: I know. I loved her very much.

Ismail: You've loved and betrayed. You lost her because of your recklessness. Mehmet, you're a fool.

Mehmet: Ismail!

Ismail: That's true.

Mehmet: I'm gonna go home.

Ismail: Thanks for coming.

Mehmet: You're welcome. Bye!

Ismail: Bye! Don't do anything stupid.

Mehmet: We will see. [he smiled]

Omer is asleep. Kıvılcım couldn't sleep. She was thinking about what happened at the hotel. Meeting Mehmet after years was quite surprising for her. After what happened in high school, she thought she'd never see him again. On the other hand, she feels weird about it.

She took her phone and typed in the broswer 'Mehmet Yılmaz'. Kıvılcım wanted to know what he was doing, where he worked, and if he was in a relationship. The first thing she saw was that he was an architect and had her own company. She couldn't find out if he was married. She put down the phone immediately.

Kıvılcım: What am I doing? What am I interested in? Oh, wake up, Kıvılcım.

...

It's been a few hours. It was early in the morning. It was a weekend. Omer woke up first. Kıvılcım had a sleepless night. She went to bed just before he woke up. He hugged her and put his hand on her stomach.

Kıvılcım: Omer, please. Let me sleep.

Omer: You had all night to do this.

Kıvılcım: I couldn't sleep.

Omer: Everything all right?

Kıvılcım: Yes. The beginnings of pregnancy are hard for me.

Omer: I understand. Then go to sleep. I'm gonna go see if the kids are up, make some breakfast, and we're gonna go for a walk.

Kıvılcım: Fine.

Omer: See you later.

Kıvılcım: Bye.