Chapter 17

The next day after class, Murat went with Cimen to her house. No one at home expected Murat to come. Cimen opens the door and greets everyone. Then Murat comes in and greets each other. Kıvılcım was surprised by his visit.

Kıvılcım: Murat, hello.

Murat: Hello.

Cimen: Murat wanted to talk to you.

Sonmez: Something happened?

Murat: No, no.

Kıvılcım: I take it this is a private conversation?

Murat: If you can ...

Kıvılcım: Of course. Let's go to the garden.

They both went out into the garden. Kıvılcım wondered what it might be.

Murat: First of all, I'd like to say, don't worry. I won't hurt Cimen and I won't let anyone hurt her.

Kıvılcım: Don't get me wrong, I have some doubts about this relationship. You've known each other very briefly. We've been through a lot as a family, and I wouldn't want to do that again.

Murat: I don't know what happened, but trust me. When I first met Cimen, I knew she was the one. We've known each other for three weeks. I'm not planning a wedding yet. [he smiled]

Kıvılcım: I hope so. [she smiled] I don't know you well. It's hard to judge. I need more time to trust you.

Murat: I understand. Maybe you join us for dinner with Cimen today? Then we'll all get to know each other better.

Kıvılcım froze. She didn't know what to say. She remembers what Omer told her about his father. She doesn't want to make her own decisions because she knows Omer might react badly if she agrees.

Kıvılcım: I'll talk to my husband and tell Cimen our decision, okay? He's got a lot of work to do right now, and I don't know if we have time for meeting.

Murat saw that Kıvılcım had some concerns, but did not know what. He continued to implement the plan that his father had devised.

Murat: Of course. I understand. Then I'm waiting for information. Thank you so much for talking to me. Have a nice day, goodbye.

Kıvılcım: You too, Murat. Goodbye.

Murat said goodbye to Cimen and went home.

Cimen wondered what they were talking about. She walked up to her mom and sat down opposite her.

Cimen: What were you talking about?

Kıvılcım: What are you so curious about?

Cimen: You didn't say anything bad to him, did you?

Kıvılcım: Why do you think like that?

Cimen: Because I know you. I know you didn't like him at dinner.

Kıvılcım: I think you've known each other too little. We don't know him very well. We don't know who he is, what his family is.

Cimen: She's very nice. They're understanding.

Kıvılcım: Do you know his parents?

Cimen: Yes. They invited me to dinner last week.

Kıvılcım: Murat invited us to dinner today so we could get to know him better and also his parents.

Cimen: Super! What time are we going?

Kıvılcım: I'll talk to Omer about it.

Cimen: I don't understand? You didn't agree?