Chapter 8

Kıvılcım and Alev went to meet with a lawyer recommended by Can. Omer wanted to go with them, but Kıvılcım did not want him to strain himself and for the safety of Doga, Cemre, Cimen, and Metehan he stayed home in case Fatih showed up. The main reason for the visit was Doga's divorce from Fatih and to take full custody of Cemre, and additionally to get a court order prohibiting him from approaching them. They're both very afraid of Fatih's actions, he's unpredictable. Every step he takes shows that he's mentally unstable. After a short time, they arrived to the office.

Lawyer: Welcome.

Kıvılıcm: Good morning.

Alev: Good morning.

Lawyer: Can told me more or less, but I'd rather hear everything from you.

Kıvılcım: My daughter wants a divorce, full custody of her daughter, and a restraining order against her husband's access to my daughter and granddaughter.

Lawyer: I understand that due to her last request, your daughter couldn't come today.

Alev: My niece is sitting at home scared. Earlier this morning, her husband threatened my other niece and nephew.

Lawyer: What he said to them?

Kıvılcım: If he doesn't see his daughter, he'll kidnap her.

Lawyer: This is important evidence in this case. That won't be a problem in court. Has this happened before?

Kıvılcım: Some time ago he came to my house and forced himself inside pushing me, I ended up in the hospital... and two weeks ago he got into a fight with my husband.

Lawyer: This man clearly has a problem with aggression. During the trial, I'm going to talk about psychiatric treatment.

Alev: He need it.

Lawyer: The case of the child has already been discussed. Now it's time for the divorce, why your daughter want to divorce?

Kıvılcım: Betrayal.

Lawyer: Evidence?

Alev: We have evidence.

Lawyer: Good. And what exactly was that?

Alev: He slept with another woman.

Lawyer: I'm sorry it affected your family. In that case, I'll analyze everything and get in touch with you. If it's possible, I'd like to see your daughter at our next meeting.

Kıvılcım: Ok, thank you very much. Goodbye.

Alev: Thank you, goodbye.

Lawyer: Goodbye.

Kıvılcım and Alev breathed a sigh of relief. Some things are done. Now they have to wait and see what will happen next. Of course, they are concerned about what Fatih might do, but after meeting with the lawyer, they are sure that this man will soon disappear from their lives. They went home to give Doga information from the meeting. On the way home, Kıvılcım felt ill. Alev noticed this and opened the window, then stopped car.

Alev: Kıvılcım? Are you ok?

Kıvılcım: I feel a little weak.

Alev: Come on, let's go sit on the bench. We'll sit in the fresh air.

Kıvılcım: No, please. Let's go home, it'll pass.

Alev: I'm worried about you.

Kıvılcım: I didn't eat enough today, I guess that's why. Let's go now. They're waiting for us at home.