Chapter 33

They were both looking at each other. Kıvılcım didn't say anything. Omer had tears coming out of his eyes.

Omer: Did you do that?

Kıvılcım: What are you doing here?

Omer: Answer.

She didn't say anything.

Omer: CAN YOU HEAR ME?

Kıvılcım: I hear you. Why are you yelling at me? How did you know I'd be here?

Omer: DID YOU DO THAT?

Kıvılcım: Are you following me?

Omer: Will you answer me?

Kıvılcım: And you?

Omer: KIVILCIM!

Kıvılcım: I see we have nothing to talk about.

She walked past him. He grabbed her hand to make her stop.

Kıvılcım: Let me go.

Omer: Answer.

Kıvılcım: Let me go. It hurts.

He let go of her hand and stepped back.

Omer: I'm sorry.

Kıvılcım: Why can't you just talk to me in peace?

Omer: After you said you wanted to remove the baby, I got really upset. I couldn't bear the thought of you doing this. It was a blow to the heart. I can't control my emotions. I asked someone to follow you.

Kıvılcım: WHAT? How could you?

Omer: I was scared, you know?

Kıvılcım: I don't believe it. You're stalking me, threatening to divorce me. What else?

Omer: Okay, I overreacted, but that's because I didn't want to lose that baby.

Kıvılcım: What about me?

His eyes were full of tears. Kıvılcım also. She took her right hand and put it on her stomach. Omer understood what it meant. He breathed a sigh of relief. He smiled.

Omer: You, you didn't do it. You didn't remove our baby. You don't even know how happy I am.

He approached her, but she stopped him with a hand gesture.

Kıvılcım: I didn't do it. I also don't know if I can carry the pregnancy. I'm in a high-risk group. Anything could happen at any moment.

Omer: Don't say that. Nothing will happen.

Kıvılcım: I'm telling you what the doctor told me. I was ready to remove the baby, but something changed in me. I couldn't do that. When I heard our baby's heartbeat, I couldn't stop the tears. I didn't know what to do. I decided to continue the pregnancy, knowing the risks.

Omer was pale. He had mixed feelings. On the one hand, he is very happy, on the other, he is starting to get scared.

Omer: I'm glad you changed your mind.

He took a step towards her, but Kıvılcım again stopped him with her hand.

Kıvılcım: I need back to school.

Omer: You should rest. You have to take care of yourself and the baby.

Kıvılcım: I'm fine.

She got in the car and drove off. She went straight to school. There were some papers waiting for her to sign. Omer got in his car and drove home. He sat on the terrace and looked at the Bosphorus. It was beautiful weather. The sun was shining and a gentle wind was blowing. After a moment he closed his eyes and smiled.