Chapter 6

When the ambulance arrived, paramedics immediately took care of Omer. His condition was very bad. Everyone was devastated. Kıvılcım went with Omer in an ambulance to the hospital. The rest family came by car. After a few minutes the ambulance was already in front of the hospital where Omer had been at medical consultation. Doctor immediately took Omer for a check-up. Kıvılcım was waiting in front of the room where her husband was. She asked the nurses, but no one would tell her what was going on. A few minutes passed and the doctor came out.

Doctor: You're a wife, right?

Kıvılcım: Yes. What's going on?

Doctor: A little tumor in Mr. Omer's head is pressing on one of his nerves.

Kıvılcım: LITTLE TUMOR?!??! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Doctor: Didn't your husband tell you anything?

Kıvılcım: No.

She was devastated and didn't know what to do. She started crying and fell to the ground.That message was like a bolt from the blue. She suspected something was wrong with Omer but she didn't know it was very bad. And why Omer didn't tell her?

Doctor: I told Mr. Omer that surgery was impossible, but at this point, we have to try. We need your approval for the operation.

Kıvılcım: Could he die?

Doctor: The operation is very risky. I can't say anything more.

Kıvılcım: I ... I ... I agree. Please save him. He must live.

Doctor: I'll do my best. We'll inform you.

30 minutes later:

They all came to the hospital, asked the nurse where Omer was, and ran in front of the operating room. There was Kıvılcım. She was crying, sitting on the floor holding her head with her hands. Metehan and Cimen approached her and hugged her. She returned a hug. Kıvılcım saw Fatih and reacted immediately.

Kıvılcım: GET OUT OF HERE FATIH! STAY AWAY FROM US!

Fatih: Omer is my uncle. I'm worried about him.

Doga: You'd better get out of here.

Fatih: NO. I STAY HERE!

Sonmez: I know he's your uncle, but for everyone's peace, you'd better go home.

Pembe: But he is his familiy.

Abdullah: Mrs. Pembe, they're right. It'll be better that way. Son, please go home, I'll let you know.

Fatih: Fine.

Fatih said goodbye to Pembe and Abdullah and left the hospital.

Abdullah: Mrs. Kıvılcım, what about Omer?

Metehan: What did the doctor say?

Kıvılcım: His condition is very bad. He may not survive the operation.

Everyone's in shock. Metehan began to cry, hugged Kıvılcım and did not step away from her. Cimen held her hand. Doga sat next to them.

Abdullah: What are you talking about?

Kıvılcım: Omer was hiding his illness. He's got a small brain tumor.

Metehan: WHAT? NO, NO, NO!! MY DAD MUST LIVE!

Abdullah: WHAT?

Pembe: God protect him.

Sonmez: Oh no ...