Chapter 2: Payback Time

One evening a man, a stranger, came into the village with a serene step at the very hour when the chief's daughter had reappeared a few weeks earlier.

This tall man with his cheekbones protruding, whose common clothing did not reflect the power and charisma he exuded, asked to speak to the chief, to whom he was introduced.

He presented himself under the name of the sentience, the reincarnation of the presence, and claimed his retribution for the rescue of the daughter of the chief Aguekassa. The Nganga was present and confirmed that they knew that by asking for his help to save his daughter, they would have to pay the price.

The Ancients were gathered in the place of high knowledge, where only the great Ancients could tell the secrets of the world.

Thus gathered, it was necessary to call a witness among the ancestors, in this specific case, it was the family of the chief.

So Okambi his son was invited to the meeting, but he did not have the opportunity to attend personally, for the great King Ombazo, the great-grandson of the conqueror and last of the rulers to have invoked the venerable spirit protector of the tribute was invited to the meeting and took possession of the body of his descendant.

The spirit of the Great King Ombazo of 17 generations their elder, hardly spoke, because a spirit dematerialized for so long (more than two centuries) could not normally be manifested directly, but the power of the ancient divinity allowed him to find his way back to the light.

Through the voice of the Okambi, Ombazo took the time to pay a vibrant tribute to his divinity and took the opportunity to remind all those who had forgotten who he was, the achievements of the epic of their people.

How, when his ancestor the future great king Rokolo was a child, he had been freed and supported by the very one who was in the audience.

At that time, Rokolo had been taken prisoner and was held in slavery by a rival king of his father and some members of his people. This rival clan from the Northeast had massacred his father the previous king and all his wives and children. And most of the men in the village.

He had spared Rokolo's mother, for her great beauty was irresistible and she had not yet had time to have a child with the great king who had just married her and her powerful clan lived on the other side of the great lakes. He decided to marry her to pacify the tribes in exchange for the lives of the rest of the inhabitants, she had accepted this remarriage.