12. Biswasingha

Please do vote, it will be helpful for me. I'm investing so much time to write something, all you have to do is just click the star in the corner. Please do such to make sure other reader can find out this book too.

Love,
Lunerwriter_
⭐⭐⭐

*****

I walked out of the tent with Shubhashini beside me. Her curious eyes darted here and there. I was bewildered at the thought that this woman was so innocent and pure to the world.

Her childlike interest in understanding how to lighten up a lamp, also bravely stepping forward to help me fight the thieves.

I didn't realise that I was walking a bit faster until Shubhashini ji stopped me, by holding my hand.

"You are walking faster," she said, her eyes were wide as she glanced at the royal guards.

I looked down at her hand in mine. It was an utterly foreign sensation and a strange one. I couldn’t remember the last time anyone had held my hand.

My mother, maybe? No, she had never held my hand, I remembered once my mother reaching out to grab my wrist but stopped at the last second. That was after my first battle in the field. I had just returned home after six months of hiding in the cave.

"Biswa?" Shubhashini ji shook my arm lightly to get my attention. "Can we go to a different path? What if the guards return?"

"The group that attacked you weren't guards, Shubho ji," I realised I didn't clarify that. "They were thieves. And I don't think they will try to attack you as long as you are with me,"

She stepped closer instantly, holding my hand with a death grip.

I shouldn't be enjoying this... though I didn't stepped away from her.

Once I got her safely in my horse, I planned on explaining my identity to her. The confusion in her big eyes had been obvious. But every time I tried to I couldn’t think of a way to say it without scaring her off.

"Where do you get the horse?" She asked when I climbed behind her.

"The horse is mine," I told her.

"Wow!"

Tonight had been so different, so unexpected. I didn't realise that I was about to meet her.

There was an attraction, I could feel the electrified air between us whenever our hands brushed. When she asked about the lamp in the dark tent, I couldn't help but lean closer to her. However, there was more there with Shubhashini ji.

As I sat behind her in my horse. Wrapped around her, for the first time in many years, I felt alive. There was more to talk about other than royal duties and battles and war or royal families alliances and ruling the dynasties. I listened to her chattering throughout our journey to Narayangarh.

It was an unannounced visit, although, I was supposed to be there according to Niladhwaj.

Shubhashini ji talked about the forest we passed, discussed about an amulet she was wearing, and about her Burimaa and Bondu Mami. I listened to her talking, while observing the surroundings.

I liked being around her so far. I wanted to protect her. She had me so wrapped up I couldn’t think clearly.

Taking her back to that dark tent was going to kill me. I didn’t want her sleeping there on a straw mat, unprotected.

"Is something wrong?" Shubhashini asked, breaking into my thoughts. I was already stopping by the river to Narayan Garh. We had to walk from there.

The frown creasing on her forehead bothered me. I didn’t mean to make her frown.