Chigiri slides forward when Rin seems to gain possession of the ball from Isagi and Rin's strange two-on-two battle they were having, knocking the ball out of bounds and causing a throw-in for Rin's team. Isagi helps Chigiri up, and they both rush over to block for the throw-in.

Aryu kicks the ball over to Tokimitsu, who screams in anguish when he's pressed from behind by Barou, and in a panic, sends it to a safe place—Rin. But Rin moves forward—kicking the ball back to Tokimitsu, who screams once again. They continue this pattern as they get closer and closer towards their goal—Tokimitsu stops abruptly when Barou tugs him backwards from behind, and Chigiri slides the ball away out of bounds.

The speaker suddenly blares, "For tackling from behind, and malicious sliding, Shoei Barou and Hyoma Chigiri will both receive yellow cards."

You visibly roll your eyes at that, lips curled up in a snarl and arms folded under your chest, "Are you serious?"

Komi leaned back, the silver seat sliding alongside her—the seat did feel a bit unsteady, maybe you should put your bag down—"That was a little dramatic."

Both Chigiri and Barou let the virtual referee know their disapproval of this action very vocally—but to nobody's surprise, no consequence occurred because of this. Rin takes the free kick, and you can see everyone (including both you and Komi) on edge about what he's planning to do. He winds up his leg—ready to kick the ball... and he takes the shot.

It slides right over Isagi's head—so fast that he doesn't have the time to react properly, even though Chigiri reaches for it.  It's almost depressing, Isagi's facial expression, knowing that if he reacted just a little faster, Rin wouldn't have scored the goal. 

With a score of 4 — 3, the odds aren't looking too great in your favour. The cynical sound of the whistle (something you associate with both good and bad memories) blares out, and Isagi runs along the midfield with the ball. Barou keeps glancing backwards at Isagi like he's waiting for a pass—but unfortunately, Tokimitsu sticks to him like glue, or maybe an annoying pest, but whatever it is, Tokimitsu just can't seem to be shaken off.

They start screaming incoherent words at each other—seemingly in a fruitless battle, when Isagi suddenly turns on his heel, and the squeak from his shoes sliding against the plastic grass finally alerts them, and they both turn simultaneously in surprise. Bachira stopped Isagi in his tracks, pressed in front of him and soon, everyone was starting to gather up within this small confine.

However, in a twist of events, Isagi sends the ball flying over everyone's head, into a space where nobody seems to be—except for Chigiri. He runs up, his speed letting him fly past Aryu's tracking, and sprints down the midfield with the ball. All the others gathered up in that large cluster that Isagi created soon joined in running down—all awaiting Chigiri's pass. But it is only Isagi who runs in the opposite direction to everyone else, and only Isagi who receives the pass and is about to kick it with full, maximum force.

Then, Rin comes running in, pressing up against Isagi and forcing him to turn, and it looks like Rin is about to steal the ball and take everything that Isagi worked so hard for. When, suddenly, in another twist of events that had you at the edge of your seat, he dips around, maneuvering the ball in such a way that even Rin couldn't predict—in a way, that Isagi himself wouldn't even have predicted.

He uses the back of his heel to send the ball flying into the goal and evens out the scoreboard, which secures a final showdown—in a battle of analytics. It's like all time stopped as soon as Isagi scored in the goal, and you can't help but yell out a cheer for your player, smile widening shakily.

That play... was nothing short of incredible. Everything was so perfect. You cover your mouth with your hands and stare at Isagi with stars in your eyes, watching as Chigiri jumps onto his back and connects fists with Nagi. If you could, you totally would've ran onto the field right then and there, and tackled him with all the admiration you could muster—but you knew better.