ch 31: not suitable

NAMJOON'S POV

I awoke from my nap, the room bathed in the soft glow of the afternoon sun.

Blinking away the remnants of sleep, I stretched my limbs before pushing myself up from the bed. The sense of drowsiness lingered, and I decided a splash of water on my face would do wonders.

I headed to the bathroom, the cool tile floor under my feet waking me up further. After washing my face, I felt more alert, ready to take on the rest of the day. The aroma of the ingredients in my kitchen called out to me, reminding me of the hunger that had prompted the decision to take a nap in the first place.

Downstairs, I set to work preparing Bibimbap, a dish that never failed to soothe my appetite. The vibrant colors of various vegetables, marinated beef, and the signature gochujang sauce promised a flavorful meal.

I chopped carrots, spinach, mushrooms, and other ingredients, creating a symphony of colors on the cutting board.

As the ingredients sizzled in the pan, a sudden knock on the door interrupted the rhythmic sounds of cooking. Curious, I wiped my hands on a kitchen towel and headed towards the entrance.

To my surprise, it was Taehyung standing on the other side.

"Hey, Namjoon! Mind if I drop by?" Taehyung grinned, a warmth in his eyes that spoke of genuine friendship.

"Of course not! Come on in," I welcomed him, slightly puzzled but happy for the company.

Taehyung stepped inside, glancing at the kitchen. "Something smells amazing. What are you making?"

"Bibimbap," I replied, gesturing towards the ingredients spread out on the counter. "Care to join me?"

Taehyung's eyes lit up, "Absolutely! But, uh, the real reason I came over was to check up on you. How have you been?"

I hesitated for a moment, then admitted, "I'm much better. Decided to give Jiah some space, so I haven't spoken to her."

Taehyung nodded understandingly, concern etched on his face. "I get it. You doing okay, though?"

"Yeah, I am," I assured him, grateful for his genuine concern.

As we settled in the living room, Taehyung brought up Hoseok's suspicions. "Hoseok has this idea that something's going on between you and his sister. What's your take on that?"

I sighed, wrestling with my feelings. "Honestly, I'm not sure where we stand. There's something there, but it's complicated."

Taehyung listened attentively, a supportive presence that encouraged me to share more. "I've been hesitant to open up about it, but I think I'm developing deeper feelings for Jiah."

He grinned, "Well, that's a big step, Namjoon. I'm glad you trust me with this."

"It's just hard to navigate, you know?" I admitted, a weight lifting off my shoulders as I spoke openly.

Taehyung reassured, "Love is never straightforward, but if you genuinely care about each other, things have a way of working out."

With the conversation flowing, I returned to the kitchen to finish cooking. The Bibimbap was ready, and we sat down to eat, the flavors dancing on our tongues.

Between bites, we continued discussing matters of the heart, relationships, and the unpredictability of life.

By the end of the meal, I felt a sense of relief. Opening up to Taehyung had been cathartic, and his understanding presence provided a much-needed perspective on the complexities of emotions.