I moved back and gave him a bored look. “And how old are we exactly? Cause this sounds like something Josh and I did when we were in kindergarten.” I grab the lid off the floor, securing my delicious cookies in.

“Sure, you did all of it with him and now everything's boring to you and you're just not interested in making any new memories with us.”

I turned to look at him but he went to grab another controller to play. I was so bothered by what he said. It was so off topic and it felt like he wanted to say it for a long time.

“Adam-” Even Altas tried to stop him but he sat down getting ready to play. 

“What’re you saying?” I asked furrowing my brows.

“Nothing. Just leave it.” Adam said, fixing his eyes on the screen. I went towards him and sat in front of him. “My match is gonna start.” He tried to see the TV but I didn't let him.

“I wanna talk, can you give me two minutes? No actually… atleast five.”

He put down the controller, sighing. “Alright, go on.”

“Why did you say that?”

“I just said what came to my mind. I didn't think too much of what I was saying.” He shrugged.

“I’ve seen you do that before.” I muttered.

“Is that why?” I looked at him confused. “You like Josh more cause he doesn't do the shit we did to you.”

“Chill man, she wasn't even talking about that.” Altas interjects.

“I know…” Adam said refusing to make eye contact with anyone. “I don't know why I said that. What I said was childish, she doesn't have to play into my stupid games.”

“Adam, I like your childish side. It's my favorite.” I tried telling him.

I didn't know why we were having this conversation but I knew he needed my reassurance.

“But I could never be your favorite. It will always be Josh.”

“Adam,” I squeezed his hand to bring his attention to me. “It’s not a competition. He’s my brother and so are you.”

“You're not denying that he's your favorite.”

“Dude just let it go.” Altas tried to finish the topic but I didn't want to end without solving it.

“I don't have favorites.” I lied.

“Don't lie. Everyone has a favorite sibling.”

“Who's yours?” I asked because I wanted to know.

“You.” He said without a thought.

A warmth spread in my chest by a single word. I always loved to be George, Josh and mum's favorite and being the same for another person made me feel so special.

“I never compare any one of you with him.” I brought back the topic.

“But you're always saying how awesome Josh is, how you used to play with him, everything you did for him or he did for you. It's like you're with us but he's the only one on your mind. And the only person you will ever make real memories with.” He averted his eyes back to the floor, like he knew his complaint was irrational.

“I was sharing a happy part of my life. I love talking about him. I didn't say it to hurt anyone.” I mumble.

“It’s just…” He starts playing with the ring on my hand that he's holding. “I feel like no matter what I do, it would never be enough.”