Babysitting is Never Easy

Blinky and Aarrrghh arrive back to Troll Market and the blue troll makes his way to his den, walking into the library to distract himself from the sadness he is feeling by reading.

"Blinky okay?" Aarrrghh worriedly questions.

"Of course. Why would I not be?" Blinky replied, though he sounded like he was trying too hard to pretend nothing was wrong.

The large troll didn't seem convinced, but he decided not to press any further and walked into another room.

Once he was all alone, Blinky let out a sigh and opened a book to read.

However, no matter how hard he tried to focus on reading, he still couldn't stop thinking about what Barbara said earlier.

He still felt the pang of sadness and pain in his heart, letting out a sigh from disappointment.

"Why did I think she would have interest in me? She's a human, of course she would fall for someone of her own kind, and not a hideous old troll like me. I'm such a fool." He mumbled to himself and laid his head on the table, feeling miserable.

Then, he thought about how Barbara deserved to be with someone that makes her happy.

Like she mentioned before, she had a tough time connecting with people on a personal level, presumably due to having a bad past with someone she trusted.

Blinky decided it was best to let go of his feelings and rather odd attraction to the woman and just continue to help her in training.

Besides, he shouldn't be too attached to her, for two reasons. 

One is that there never has been a relationship between a troll and a human, and two, a Trollhunter shouldn't be close to anyone lest they get dragged into danger.

Another thing to think about, why is he attracted to her?

For troll standards, Barbara isn't even close to looking attractive as she's too thin, too weak and too fleshy.

She could easily be crushed by him if he wasn't careful. But, there was something else about her.

Barbara is kind, very caring, determined, and fierce. Which is something that he has never seen in a human before.

Sure humans can be fearsome, strong, and prosperous beings, but it is nothing compared to a troll.

Maybe that's why he finds her so interesting, from her courageous one-off against Bular, to her growing experience in training, then her battle against Draal. She is just that inspiring to have him motivated enough to not give up on her, despite all the downfalls she faces.

Blinky smiles with a warm feeling in his chest again, this time it was a new spark of hope that he can be the one to make Barbara into the greatest Trollhunter to ever live, like her previous predecessors.

Soon all his negative thoughts and feelings faded and something positive filled within him, feeling determined to meet her again for the next training lesson.

In the museum, goblins were carrying pieces of the Killahead bridge and passing it down to one another.

Strickler walks up to report to Bular.

"I've just confirmed the worst. Gladysgro has been slain."

"Well, then the impure served her purpose. She's already brought us the stones from Madagascar. Her job was done." Bular responded and turned back.