Secret Discovery

The next day, Lucas was at the museum and was organizing some packages for display that came in, checking off the list and making sure that was everything.

Ms. Nomura was carrying some of the boxes to the storage room.

The man double checks the list and realizes that there was one package that wasn't on the list.

He was confused and examined the crate, it was labeled from a different location that didn't come from with the rest of the others.

Lucas was about to open the lid to check it out, when the young woman came back.

"I'll take care of that one, if you don't mind." She quickly jumped in and picked up the crate, giving him an unusual smile.

Something was suspicious about her and Lucas couldn't shake the feeling off. And so, he carefully and quietly follows her.

What was strange is that she didn't go into the storage room like usual, instead, she went to the blocked off area of the museum that he wasn't allowed to go into.

He decided to not get in trouble or worse, fired, so he turned back and continued taking the rest of the packages to the storage room.

Once he was done with his shift, he was about to get out of the museum to head home, until he heard something nearby.

Lucas followed the noise and turned to a dark hallway.

There he saw a small figure crawling on the floor, the man quickly hid behind the corner and squinted his eyes to see what it was.

That is when the figure looks over and reveals its glowing red and yellow eyes.

Lucas holds his breath and hides again, hoping it didn't see him.

"Goblin.. I got to tell Barbara, fast." He whispers to himself.

Half an hour later, Lucas was driving Barbara to the museum.

"Shouldn't we be telling Blinky and Aarrrghh?" She asked.

"We don't want to lose sight of the goblin, so by the time we get down to Troll Market to warn them, it'll be gone. Besides, we're only going to check it out and report back." Lucas replied.

When they arrived, the man parked nearby the building.

"Hey, look! Look over there. There's more of them! It could mean the den is in the museum." Barbara pointed towards the roof of the building, showing a bunch of goblins crawling on the roof.

"Let's go tell the others." She nudges her stepbrother.

"Wait. Is that...Ms. Nomura?" Lucas spoke, seeing his co-worker entering the building.

"What is she doing? I thought the museum was closed? No one is supposed to be there this late."

"She has no idea it's infested." Barbara worriedly spoke.

"At any moment, they could strike!" Lucas states with concern.

"We need to get her out of there immediately."

Barbara and Lucas headed towards the museum, and the man was able to open one of the doors.

"I really hope we don't get in trouble for this." The man mumbled.

Once inside, everything was dark and quiet.

Except for a faint sound of classical music in the distance.

Barbara the Belongingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें