New Discovery

Barbara woke up at 10:35AM and noticed a tray of her breakfast on her nightstand.

She smiles as she knew Jim left this for her.

After eating breakfast, she decided to check her emails on her laptop.

A few emails from work, a spam email and another from her step brother, Lucas.

She hadn't heard much from him except when he came to Jim's thirteen birthday.

Barbara clicked on it and saw the message.

"Hi, Barbara. Sorry for not staying in contact with you, life got pretty busy for me and I didn't have time to reach you. But I am letting you know that I'm moving to Arcadia. I got a good job deal at the museum. So I guess I'll see you in a day or two. I hope you don't mind if I stay at your place until I am able to get a house of my own. See ya soon!

Sincerely, Lucas

The woman smiled, glad that her brother was doing well and that he is coming to stay in Arcadia.

It's been a long time since she had family visit her.

Her parents lived in another state and didn't always come by much.

So it was nice to have someone over.

Once she checked all her emails, Barbara took a shower and got herself prepared for her shift.

It was 12:40PM and Barbara got home from a very busy day at work.

She walked into the house and everything was silent, no doubt her son was fast asleep.

So she kept quiet as best as she could, she hung her bag onto the coat rack and just as she was about to head upstairs, a strange voice called her name.

"Barbara Lake."

The woman froze.

Her hand remained still on the railing of the stairs, looking around, wondering who was calling her.

When nothing happened, she continued up the stairs.

The voice called her name again, a little louder this time.

"Barbara Lake."

This time she gasped and quickly snapped around and saw something downstairs.

Something was glowing in Jim's school bag. Barbara stepped down and reached for the bag.

As she opened it, there she saw it.

A blue glowing amulet.

"What the? What is...this thing doing in Jim's bag?"

The woman picked it up and examined it. Flipping over and seeing its design and how detailed it was.

At first she thought that Jim must have stolen this from somewhere. But, why did it call her name? Why was it glowing?

It was confusing.

She flipped it to the front again, messing around with the clock-like hands.

Then she saw some symbols glowing, almost like it was a different language.

Not the ones that she has seen before.

Suddenly, the symbols formed into English.

Barbara was curious and headed to the backyard.

Once she was outside, squinting her eyes and adjusting her glasses, she read what was written on the metal amulet.

"For the glory of Merlin..? Daylight is mine to command? What? What the heck does that mean?"

Out of nowhere small glowing orbs shot out of the amulet and suddenly the wind started blowing around her.

She began to float in the air and a bright light blinded her eyes.

Barbara panicked when she felt her whole body wrapped in armor.

Then, she landed onto her feet, stumbling a bit.

Two blue eyes widened when she looked at her hands and arms.

Her eyes went down her chest and legs.

This was strange.. No. More than strange.

This was supernatural.

Barbara tried to calm down from her panicked breathing. But, just when she was starting to calm down-

The amulet that was in her armored chest shot out more glowing orbs and flew straight to her hand.

Within a flash, a large sword magically appears into her hand.

Barbara nearly fell forward when the heavy sword fell to the ground and pulled her weight down.

When she got a good glimpse of it, she gasped.

"What...what!" Barbara nearly screamed, but managed to cover her mouth before she could make a loud noise.

"Okay... okay, Barbara. This is...a sword. A-and I am covered in some magic armor. Nothing out of the ordinary...heh. Yeah. Yeah.."

None of this was ordinary or normal.

She was freaking out inside. But of course she had to calm down.

Although, as if the universe didn't want her to be calm, she heard something moving in the bushes nearby.

Barbara instantly became alert and drew the sword up.

"W-who's there!" She tried her best to yell as quietly as she could since her son was still asleep.

No answer. And so, she walked backwards to the backdoor so she could quickly get in and lock the door.

When she entered the house she immediately locked it and made sure all doors and windows were locked shut.

Barbara walked over to the couch and fell backwards onto the cushions with a huff.

"No one was there..no one is out there. Everything is normal.. normal..." She whispered to herself.

Repeating the same word over and over.

Then, when she calmed down and her breath was steady, the armor and sword disappeared.

Barbara was back to her old self again.

She blew a sigh of relief, and was very glad that the armor was gone.

What was she going to do?

What is she going to say to Jim..

Wait. 

Should she tell him? Should she tell someone about this? Her head began to hurt and decided to go to bed.

She'll deal with this situation tomorrow.

One thing for sure, is that she is keeping this amulet safe. And maybe have a word with Jim on where on earth he got this magical object.

So off to bed she went and fell asleep.