Lets Not Get Ahead of Ourselves

As Barbara and Lucas walk, she realizes that she left her car somewhere in one of the streets. She had to go look for it and call the police so they could call someone to tow her car.

When they found the car, she made sure everything she had in there was intact, luckily, nothing was stolen.

She took out whatever she needed such as the keys and her purse, then she called 911.

"Oh, what have I gotten myself into?" The woman asked herself, still in disbelief of everything she just witnessed.

"Um... trolls, cool underground city, indigenous gemforms, Hearthstone? What you've gotten yourself into is an awesome adventure of a lifetime, sis!" Lucas responded, feeling a little jealousy of his stepsister.

"If I survive." She stated.

"Come on! You're going to be trained by the best. Blinky is-"

"The last guy got torn limb from limb on his first night!" Barbara interrupted, feeling a little worried.

The two remained quiet for a moment. Then, Lucas opened his mouth.

"So, there's nowhere to go but up."

Barbara lets out a sigh and leans against the hood of the car, only wanting to get her car taken care of so she can go home.

Thirty minutes later, they were able to have her car towed, which she will eventually get back in the morning.

Now she just needed a ride home, it wasn't until a car stopped by and the window rolled down to reveal a familiar face.

"Dr. Lake, I didn't expect to see you here?" Mr. Strickler spoke out.

Barbara turns to see the familiar man who was her previous patient, she sheepishly smiles as she felt a little embarrassed to be seen in this kind of situation.

"Yeah, I was about to drive home with my stepbrother but my car ran out of fuel. Heh." She laughed it off.

"How unfortunate, well it is very dangerous to be alone at night. You may never know what could lurk in the darkness." Mr. Strickler commented.

The woman rolled her eyes as she remembered the time she was chased down by an evil man-eating troll.

'Tell me about it.' She thought.

"I could give you two a ride home, if you like." He kindly suggested.

Barbara perked up and smiled, feeling relieved.

"Thank you, I appreciate that." The woman walked over to the passenger side while Lucas got in the back seat.

Once they were seated and buckled up, the three were off.

Barbara gave the directions to her home and moments later they arrived.

"I don't know how I can thank you enough but, thank you." She got out of the car and thanked the man.

"Of course, it is a pleasure to help, Dr. Lake." Mr. Strickler smiled.

Lucas got out of the car, finally being able to get some sleep and headed to the front door.

Barbara was about to head home, when she thought for a moment, then she turned back to the man.

"Would you like to come in for some tea, coffee, hot coco?" The woman asked.

"Oh?" Mr. Strickler raised a brow.

"It's the best thing I can do since you helped me. I feel like I owe you something." She explained.