To HeartStone Troll Market

The next day, Barbara woke up and decided to make breakfast for Jim and Lucas.

As she spent time in the kitchen attempting to make some pancakes, Lucas woke up and checked up on her.

"Hey, sis. You had a good night's sleep?"

"If you mean having two trolls burst into my house and dropped some heavy information that I'm this protector of two worlds and that there is this evil troll trying to get me, a good night's sleep?" Barbara turned towards her stepbrother and crossed her arms.

"I'll take that as a maybe." Lucas awkwardly smiled.

Then, Jim came downstairs and headed towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, mom. Good morning, Uncle Lucas!" The boy greeted the two.

"Good morning, Jim." Barbara hugged her son.

"Hey, kiddo. How are you?" The man smiled, putting his fist out for the boy to fist bump him.

"I'm a little nervous, but I'm fine." Jim replied.

"Nervous? About what?" Barbara raised a brow, wondering what made her son nervous.

"Umm.. The play that I wanted to try out for. Remember?" He reminded his mother.

"Oh. Right. What play is it?" The woman asked, flipping the pancakes, that looked a little too burnt.

Barbara cringed when she saw the charcoal surface of the pancake.

"Romeo and Juliet." Jim spoke.

"Seriously? Let me guess. You are going to try out for Romeo?" Lucas chuckled.

"I guess? I don't know, what other role is there?"

Jim leaned against the counter, feeling even more nervous than before.

"Why not? I think you'll do great." Barbara encourages her son with a smile.

"You think so?"

The boy lifts his head up.

"Of course!" She spoke, keeping her optimistic expression.

"But, I don't know anything about Romeo and Juliet. Or Shakespeare." Jim rubbed the back of his neck.

"What should I even say at the tryouts?"

Barbara flips the pancakes again and turns the stove off.

"Well, I'm not much of a Shakespeare enthusiast, but.. I remembered someone once told me this and it inspired me. Maybe it will inspire you." She softly spoke.

Jim raised a brow at his mother, wondering what she was going to say.

"Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives, living in quiet desperation. Never learning the truth that what feels though a burden pushing down upon our shoulders, is actually, a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear, is what it means to be a hero. Don't think, Jim. Become."

After that inspirational speech, Jim was very surprised, his eyes widened, feeling speechless.

"Wow." He blurted out.

"That is.. remarkable. Where did you hear that from?"

"Oh, you know. Someone I knew. Heh." Barbara laughed.

Her eyes looked upward and shrugged.

Lucas only raised a brow at her, knowing exactly who she was referring to.