11

I woke up the next morning and looked out the window. A storm had hit last night and the damage was awful. The castle!

I got dressed quickly and woke up Henry. I was putting my braid in while Henry got ready. When we were both done, we grabbed our bikes and rode to the castle.

I saw Emma's car but I ignored her as she got out and yelled, "Hey, kids." We continued to ride and I heard Emma mutter, "Nice to see you, too."

We jumped off our bike and to the castle which was totally destroyed. "Our castle," I whispered. "The storm!" Henry exclaimed. "The book," I whispered.

"It's okay - we can fix it. I'll talk to Marco," Emma told us as she looked at the castle. "Do you think it's still here?" Henry asked me. I shrugged.

We got down and started digging. "What are you two looking for?" Emma asked. "Our book," I answered. "Why'd you bury it here?" Emma asked. "So our mom doesn't find it," Henry answered.

"Hiding it under either of your mattresses wasn't good enough?" Emma asked. I found the red metal box and pulled it out.

I started to unlock it as Henry said, "That's the first place the Evil Queen would look."

"How about leaving it with me?" Emma asked. "That's the second place," I said. I opened the box and saw the book. "It's still here," I told Henry.

"Good," Henry smiled. "So, your mom doesn't know about the castle?" Emma asked. "No, this is our secret," I smiled. I quickly started to rebury the box when I heard, "Henry! Ava!"

Oh no, here comes Mom. I turned around and got up. "I've been looking everywhere for you two. You both know you have a session with Archie this morning. I should've known they were with you. Kids - car. Now," Mom said as she walked up.

We obeyed and ran off to the car. We watched as Emma and our Mom fought about something. Finally, Mom came over to the car all flushed and drove us home.

I heard her on the phone talking about 'destruction' and 'castle'. I told Henry and we agreed to go to our castle and stop them from tearing it down. We snuck out and ran to our castle.

We watched as the trucks started to arrive. Henry grabbed out his wallow talkie and told Emma to come. Mom arrived but it didn't seem to bother her that we were here. Emma came as we were watching them start to tear the castle down.

"Hey, what happened? I came as soon as I could," Emma told us. "The castle! She's tearing the whole thing down!" I exclaimed. "Our book! It's-it's gone!" Henry exclaimed.

Emma walked over to Mom and started talking to her. I turned to Henry. "What all do you remember?" I asked. "Some of it, we need to go write it down before we forget," Henry told me. I agreed and we headed towards Granny's.

We started writing down the stuff from the book. After a while, the man who had come to Storybrooke walked in and sat down across from us. "Whatcha working on?" the man asked us.

"Uh," Henry started. "No time to talk. We've got to write this all down before we forget," I finished. "Yeah, I hate when great ideas slip away from me," the man told us.

"They're not our ideas. They're stories from a book we lost," Henry explained. "Must be a hell of a book. What's it about?" the man asked. "Stuff," I said.

"Sounds exciting," the man said. I looked up at him suspiciously. "You seem awfully interested in U.S. And our book," I pointed out.

"No, I'm just being neighborly," the man argued. "What are you doing in Storybrooke?" Henry asked sternly. "I'm a writer," the man told us. "You can write anywhere. What are you really doing here?" I asked.

"Stuff," the man said. He got up and started to walk out. He turned around and said, "Good luck with the stories." Then he walked out.

We went home that night and went to bed. All I could think about was the book and where Mom could be hiding it.

I woke up the next morning and Henry and I got ready. Today, we got to go to the new playground. We went over and started playing around. After a while, I noticed Emma.

I smiled at her and took out my walkie talkie. Henry continued to play, not noticing that I had stopped. I then said into the walkie talkie, "Why are you so far away? Come out here!"

Emma smiled lightly and told me, "Sorry, kid. I can't today." "You're undercover, aren't you? For Operation Cobra?" I asked.

"No, Ava. I'm not undercover. Your mom - she doesn't want me seeing you or Henry for a while," Emma said. "You don't have to listen to her," I said as my face dropped.

"Actually, this time, I do. I screwed up, Ava. I got mad at your mom about you and Henry and the book and everything and... We're just going to have to be apart for a little while," Emma said. "I... I don't want to be apart," I sighed.

"Neither do I. But, right now, we have to. Don't worry - I'll find a way back in. And hey. If it's out there, Ava - I will find the book for you and your brother," Emma told me. I smiled and said, "Good luck." My face dropped as I added, "It's probably gone and it's probably never coming back."

Emma sighed and Henry walked up. I put the walkie talkie away and waved bye to Emma. She drove away and I told Henry what happened. He was upset but I knew we would get through this.

I watched as I saw Emma's car turn the corner.

Emma may not know it, but I think she's starting to grow on me.

______________________

Kinda short chapter, sorry! Anyways this is from episode eleven. Fruit of the Poisonous Tree. Hope you liked it!

❤️Luv you❤️
-K

______________________