5

"You weren't always a cricket," I said to Archie. We were currently in a therapy session with Archie. "I weren't always - Oh, right. Because, um... Because you two think I'm Jiminy Cricket. Why... Why do you two... Why do you two think that, Henry, Ava," Archie asked.

"It's just because of who you are," Henry answered. "And what am I?" Archie asked. "You're a conscious. You help people see right from wrong," I answered.

"So, all the crickets in Storybrooke - they were once people, too?" Archie asked. "There aren't any crickets here. Listen," Henry said. "Maybe it isn't light enough," Archie said.

"There's never been crickets here. You've just never noticed," I told him. "So, you two think that's proof that there's a curse?" Archie asked.

"Yes, but we know it's not enough. We're looking for more," Henry said. "So, Henry and Ava, look. I asked you this once before and you both said you'd think about it. Why do you two think it's so important that this is real?" Archie asked.

"It..." Henry said but then paused. "It just is," I told Archie. "Alright. Well, keep thinking about the answer, Henry, Ava. Cause I think there's something buried there," Archie told us. Suddenly the ground began to shake violently. Archie ran over to us and protected us from some falling ceiling.

"Thanks Archie," we said and I kissed him on the cheek. "No problem, I couldn't see my two favorite kids getting hurt now could I?" Archie laughed. "Now let's go find out what happened," Archie told us. We left the building and ran towards where a crowd had formed.

There was a giant crater and you could clearly see a mine entrance inside. "Emma's changing things," I whispered to Henry. "You're right. We have to go find her," Henry said. "I see her, she's up front next to Sheriff Graham and Mom," I told Henry.

We moved through the crowd until we got to the front. I heard my Mom say, "We will bulldoze it, collapse it, pave it." I ran in front of Mom and asked, "Pave it? What if there's something down there?"

"Ava, Henry. What are you two doing here?" Mom asked. "What's down there?" I asked. I needed to know what she was hiding.

"Nothing. Now step back. In fact, everyone! Please, please step back. Thank you," Mom said. She bent down and picked up something that looked like a piece of glass and then put it in her pocket.

"What was that?" Henry asked Emma but Mom pulled us aside. "Henry, Ava, enough. Listen. This is a safety issue. Wait in the car," Mom demanded.

We left and went to Mom's car. Archie walked by and we quickly got out. "Archie! Over here!" I whisper yelled as I pulled Emma and him aside in front of the police car.

"This requires all of Operation Cobra. Both of you," Henry said. "I didn't realize I was in Operation Cobra," Archie said. "Of course you are. You know everything. We can't let her do this. What if there's something down there?" I asked.

"They're just some old tunnels," Emma said. "That just happened to collapse right after you get here? You're changing things. You're weakening the curse," Henry told Emma. "That's not what's happening," Emma said.

"Yes, it is! Did you do anything differently today? Cause something made this happen," I said. Emma reached down and touched a deputy badge I had never noticed until now.

She must have gotten it today! And that's what must have caused this!

"Ava, Henry, I told you two to wait in the car. Deputy, do your job," Mom said. Henry and I walked away and to the car. We got in and I quickly said, "The badge. Emma became deputy today. That's what caused this." "That's right. It must have happened right when-" Henry started but Mom opened the door to the car. She took us home and forced us to go to bed.