Today is going to be a great day

29th March 2027

Gabriella's Pov

I had been working with the team right out of the academy and I absolutely loved it, the adrenaline of being a fire fighter was what was keeping me alive. My mom was still the chief but she was next in line for the battalion chief and soon to be fire chief it had always been her dream.

My life was amazing right now, mama and mom were as happy as ever, they were being ran round the house ragged by my 5 year older little brother Andrew who we mostly called luca, I absolutely love him to bits but he is so tiring.

And I have the most amazing girlfriend ever, we met at a 5 alarm fire, and it was love at first sight, the way she is with her patients is absolutely amazing. She is a paramedic with station 56 so we both work a lot but we make it work and we spend every minute we can together. I'm still currently living with mama and mom but we are looking for a place but we just haven't found the one yet.

-

"Bishop, Deluca- bishop" Warren says as we both walk through the front door of station 19.

"Hey Warren what's up" I reply as we both head into the changing rooms. "I have a feeling today is going to be a great day"

"Omg, I had that same feeling too" vic replies excitedly.

"So you guys at just hoping for a big fire ?" Warren asks.

"Well not exactly, I just think we are all going to have a great day, fire or not" I explain.

"LINE UP IN 5" Maya shouts as she shuts her locker and walks to her office. "OH AND WE ARE DOING A GROUP WORK OUT TODAY"

"Oh she is such an ass" Andy says after she left "no offence gab"

"Oh no, I agree" I say as we walk to line up.

"Morning team" maya says as she walks in to see anyone lined up. "I just wanted to give you guys the heads up that today you might see a few extra people around the station today, so please be on your best behaviour, the chief is coming to evaluate me for battalion chief. But enough about me, I'd like to congratulate Gabriella Deluca-bishop, she has officially been with station 19 2 years today and I just got an email this morning. Congratulations, you are not officially a lieutenant of station 19, I'm so proud of you." She says before everyone started to clap and congratulate me as a big smile appeared all over my face.

"Now get to work everyone, group workout in 40" bishop said to everyone.

"Congratulations baby girl, I love you" mom says as she hugs me. "I am so proud you"

"Thank you mom, I couldn't have done it without" I say to her as I hug her back.

"No gorgeous, you did this all on your own, now go call mamma and give her the good news" she tells me smiling.

"I love you mum" I say as I walk into her office to give mamma a ring.

*calls carina*

Carina: hello bambina
Gabriella: hi mama
Carina: if everything okay, you just left for work ?
Gabriella: yeah, everything is fine, but I just wanted to let you know that mom just got an email, I PASSED MY LIEUTENANTS EXAM
Carina: è fantastico bambina, sono così orgogliosa di te, sapevo che avresti superato, ti amo
Gabriella: thank you mama

*STATION 19, WEARHOUSE FIRE AT 600 DOWN TOWN SEATTLE*

Gabriella: I'm so sorry mama, I have to go
Carina: stay safe out there, I love you, and tell mom I love you too.
Gabriella: bye mama
*hangs up the phone*

"Alright guys, this is a 4 alarm fire, chief Ripley is at the scene and will give us an update when we get there, let's go team" Maya said as everyone jumped into the trucks.

"4 alarm fire, what a great day, we were right Deluca bishop" vic said as we were sat in the trucks.

"I told you, I just had this feeling, and we have not had a big call in life forever !!!!!!!" I say in excitement, I now I shouldn't get excited over a fire because people may be hurt, but I really am.

"OMG, look at that" Andy said as we pulled upto the scene.

"Wow" I say as I look out the window to see flames everywhere. This is going to be a big one, I hope no one gets hurt...........