The Descent

"I just think it's crazy that you guys even agreed to that." Bonnie spoke as she bent over to check the oven.

"He's offering protection for literally nothing." Alisha shrugged. "I know the chances of him lying are huge but I think it would be a bad idea not to take the deal. Has anyone seen the strawberries?"

She asked.

Bonnie slid the bowl over to her.

Alisha brightened up as she took the piping bag off the counter and started icing the cupcakes in front of her.

"Ali's right," Sasha added. "it's not like we're choosing to trust him. We're just taking the path of least resistance and not to mention blood shed for now. If all Elijah is really worried about is this feud with this Klaus guy then we're good. We're not letting our guard down but we're making him think we are."

Bonnie sighed as she leaned against the kitchen counter and looked at her sisters.

"I don't know what I should be worried more about, Elijah possibly double crossing us or you two agreeing with each other." She spoke as she looked at both of them suspiciously.

Sasha walked up behind Alisha and wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm overbearing and overprotective sometimes-"

"Sometimes?" Alisha and Bonnie exclaimed simultaneously.

Sasha rolled her eyes. "Okay, more often than not but -"

She is picked a strawberry from the bowl and ate it.

"I'm trying to be better with that and that includes letting Ali be a bit more independent I guess."

"Well I'm not signing on to that deal. I still believe we should have the right to over rule your decisions if it means keeping you safe." Bonnie spoke sternly.

Alisha sighed as she paused with her pipping bag.

"Bon, I know how to make sound and responsible decisions." She spoke.

"Yeah," Bonnie spoke as she walked up to her as well. "And you're also the same kid who almost jumped into a pool once to save a stray dog from drowning. Even though you knew you couldn't swim."

Alisha opened her mouth to say something in defence but she had done that.

Bonnie took a strawberry from the bowl as well.

"Hey!" Alisha yelled at her. She pointed her pipping bag at her and Sasha. "Will you guys stay away from the decor please?"

They were baking cupcakes for the snack stand that would be at the play today. They had volunteered since some of the mum's who were supposed to do it had suddenly backed out.

"Alright boss." Bonnie spoke with a mock salute.

They heard a 'ding' sound.

"Blueberry muffins are done." Bonnie announced.

"I got them." Sasha spoke as she rushed to grab an oven mitt.

"These look really pretty Ali." Bonnie commented as she sat on a stool but the island and looked at Alisha's work.

Alisha smiled.

"Thank you."

Ali didn't want to bring up their mother because of how she knew Bonnie and Sasha felt about her but she felt a sort of nostalgia doing this.

Alisha always loved baking and was always eager to help her mum in the kitchen. Especially with decor.

She looked at the twins, part of her wishing she could talk to them freely about their mum.