Katerina

Please Vote and comment 😊

"I'm gonna die!" Alisha panted.

She felt her legs burning and her lungs too as she tried to keep up with Sasha and her dad.

"Come on baby girl, we're almost there!" Rudy yelled.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be athletes?" Sasha teased as she turned and started running backwards, looking at Bonnie and Alisha who were jogging behind them trying to keep up.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be athletes?" Bonnie repeated in a mocking voice.

Sasha was in too much of a good mood to be upset.

She turned back straight and looked at her father.

They could see their house coming up now. "Race you, old man?"

Rudy grinned.

"You know I'm gonna lose."

"I know." Sasha spoke. "But you're my only competiton so -"

"Deal." Rudy spoke quickly and without another second he sprinted leaving Sasha behind.

"Hey!" Sasha called after him. "That's cheating." She spoke as she followed increasing her speed.

"Not... human." Alisha spoke as she panted.

"Yup." Bonnie agreed.

Rudy raised his hands in victory when he got to the house.

"Cheater." Sasha let out a huff as she bent over, resting her hands on her knees.

Alisha and Bonnie reached a few seconds later.

Alisha collapsed on the ground.

"That's it. I'm dead." She spoke.

Rudy simply shook his head and smiled.

He did a few stretches.

"This was fun." He commented.

Alisha, still on the ground, lifted her head slightly.

Fun?

Bonnie tugged on her hand and pulled her into a sitting position.

"I have to be at the office soon. I'm gonna go take a shower." Rudy spoke. "We should do this again soon."

Rudy ran off to the house.

"Let's not!" Alisha called after him.

Sasha looked at her sister before sitting down on the sidewalk.

"We are doing this again. In fact, as often as possible." She spoke.

Alisha huffed.

The whole point of waking up at the crack of dawn to torture themselves with exercise was Sasha's idea.

They were dealing with creatures who were faster and stronger than them physically. They needed to get fit.

Bonnie looked at her watch.

"We should probably get going as well. We're gonna be late for school."

"Jer is picking me up." Alisha spoke as she got to her feet. She shook her head. "Even though that boy is never on time."

Bonnie watched as Alisha walked back to the house. She turned to look at Sasha.

She was staring off at the sun which was beginning to rise.

"Hey." Bonnie walked up to her and hugged her from behind, resting her head on her shoulder. "How are you today?"

Sasha shrugged. "I think I'm better. But that doesn't stop me from thinking about him." She sighed.