11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain

Start from the beginning

"How did it go?" I queried, walking to the cafeteria for our lunch.

"Not as bad as I had mused. I don't want to disappoint you" he spoke with his hooded eyes.

"I'm never going to be disappointed in you" I assured him.

Our usual table of three ( Chase, Jade and I ) was surrounded by two other guys from Chase's basketball ball team . Whom were introduced to me; Augustus and Freddy. Augustus had blonde thick hair whiles Freddy was African from Nigeria but born and raised in the States. If Ashley was here, she'd definitely drool over Freddy.

"So, you two are a thing?" From Augustus mouth, both Chase and I only burst out in laughter.

"You know if they were, you'll have known,right? " Freddy responded to him.

"Then I'm free to shoot my shot?" Augustus with the wink.

"No thank you. I am taken" from the horses own mouth.

"Darn it!" He cussed.

After lunch, we set off to the next class - we weren't told whether there'd be any quiz. Still, I prepared regardless, a soldier must never be caught off guard, also ready for war. As if I was Mrs Romelio's assistant, she walked in to announce a pop up quiz. With fifteen minutes to skim through and thirty to complete the test, it was a battle between the pen and paper. A battle I was prepared for - still sceptical about Mr Torres giving us a pop quiz. He liked to catch us impromptu, maybe he's bipolar, that's the only way. Why would he decide not to go with the majority even if it's particularly inclusive in the semester's academic calendar.

"Hey you!" I jumped up before recognizing the voice.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack" smacking his shoulder.

"How was it?" Oh wait, let me guess; phenomenal, you're acing the whole tests and I am not kidding" he clicked his thumb and index finger right in my face.

"You're going to soar. Have confidence in yourself. We better head to our last class "

"Someone misses the love of her life" he sheathed his hand around my back, nudging me.

Despite us arriving for the last class - Mr Torres', he was yet to show up. Actually we came fifteen minutes earlier and Chase would not allow me breathing spree.

"Now what do we do while we wait for the class to get filled?"

"Crossword puzzle " I exclaimed.

"Get ready to loose" we took turns on completing a page, with timer.

We were engrossed in the crossword puzzle, none of us noticed the shadow that covered the light emitting in our space. Until Chase looked up and coughed lightly.

"Is this the time for games Chris? Aren't you supposed to be reading for the quiz? " I face palmed myself . This was all my fault, if I hadn't brought the idea of playing puzzles.

"We're sorry sir, it's not his fault. I came up with the idea" I couldn't allow Chase take the fall for me.

"I wasn't talking to you, Hailey. Since you were quick to talk, move up to the seat at the front of the class. The rest of you, put away all your books and papers. You'll have twenty minutes to turn in your answer sheets" this wasn't fair. Who am I to argue with him? I don't want to be made an embarrassment right in front of the whole class. Just looked straight ahead unbothered.

The questions were not a twenty minutes solution. I still focused on answering as many questions as I could. I knew I'd to pass this quiz - it was a must. My only worry was for Chase; we've only started the private sessions, we can't expect a drastic milestone. I only wished it helps in any small way possible.