14: A Serious Talk at The Dinner Table

Începe de la început

"Truth!" Shinso called from the living room.

I smiled, "Dad, I think I've won the argument."

Mic gave Aizawa the same smile I had put on. There was a silence as Aizawa looked away with a long sigh. This sigh wasn't troublesome, nor annoyed, it was a thinking sigh.

"As soon as you get into even one tiny probl—"

"Yeah yeah, I'll be safe."

'Don't tell dad and pap.'
I had the sentence prepared.
UA was going to be an adventure, I was sure of that.

UA welcomed me with open arms. Or well, the teachers were delighted to hear I got to visit more often then I already was visiting.

Because of the new deal I had made, the teachers were less stern of where I was. Nezu's office was a fun place to be, as well as the forest, but always was I back in the teachers lounge when the day ended and it was time for me to go home.

These days were the most fun since I got to run around and explore. I had interrupted a few classes accidentally, but it was fine, probably. All Might had even let me help with one of his classes and I got to stare at the class with dad, judging the students.
Hound dog and me had talked a few times, he was interesting, and asked me creative questions. I must admit Hound dog taught me a lot about conversation in just a second, and apparently I was old for my age (however that works).

In the meanwhile my school work lay crying, forgotten and...

And I occasionally did a ton, and then pass out next to Nezu because he was stern on me keeping up with my education. Really, I wonder why dad and pap want me to avoid him if he's so nice to help me with my school work.

Suddenly I stood in front of one of the support course classes.

"Can I ask something?" I asked one of the students.

They looked at me weird, "Wha— wait, you're that kid."

I frowned, "That kid?"

"Yes, there's rumours about you," another students said excitedly, "Say, say, what's your deal?"

With a huff I crossed my arms, "My deal is that I wanted to ask something, but you're being noisy."

"Just curious," the other student shrugged, "What did you want to know?"

I pointed at one of the inventions, "I just want to know what I'm looking at."

The student I talked to originally picked it up and showed it to me.
As I listened to the explanation, Powerloader walked up to us.

"Azumi? What are you doing here?"

I looked up at him, "I got bored, and I found this classroom."

Powerloader thought, "Bored, huh..."
He showed me something I could do. I picked up the materials and frowned, not understanding a thing before I got a book telling me what to do. The next moment I was building my very own light which turned on and off.

When I got home I showed it to Hitoshi.
"Look, it goes on," I switched the light on, "And off," I turned it off.

Hitoshi smiled at me. "Did you build that?"

I nodded. "Powerloader helped me. His students are noisy, but they call themselves curious."

Brushing his hair away, Hitoshi said, "I sometimes wish people had on and off buttons."

My eyes widened.
"That's both horrifying and marvellous of an idea."

Just then Aizawa plopped down with his sleeping bag, asking wether we could feed the cat, and he fell right asleep.

"Dad's got an on and off button," Hitoshi realised and I frowned.

"That's irrational..." I knew Hitoshi had a point though.

The very next day I ran to Powerloader, "I want to build something again!"
Nezu found me the next day learning how to use a new tool, and he got interested.

He helped me build something else, but it was on a computer.

The next thing I know, I was sitting at the kitchen table again.
"We told you to be careful near Nezu."

Apparently I had build a small virus which got to Mic's phone. The phone was fine, but it had made his class a bit of a meme. Or so Hitoshi called it, he had thought it funny.

The next day I decided to go out into the forest. Hound dog walked with me and we played a game of tag.

The days flew by before suddenly Hitoshi told me to be sure to turn on the tv the next day.
I blinked.

"The sports festival!"