Chapter 125: The Forest Race's Contempt

Start from the beginning

“In that case, Yubai, you’ll do it.”

Mei Changge nodded and looked back at Ye Yan.

“Boss, don’t worry. I can hold back at least three of them.”

Ye Yan said with a smile. His main task was to hold back the Transcendents. Of course, it was not impossible to deal with one or two of them.

***

While Mei Changge was about to let Song Yubai start attacking the Forest race…

Inside the palace situated atop the massive tree of the Forest race, a gathering of foreign races was engaged in a discussion.

“Recently, our Forest race has been disappearing. Everyone should have noticed, right?”

Shan said with a solemn expression.

“Patriarch, this is all because of Sen, right?”

The Second Elder’s eyes flickered as he asked.

He knew that Sen had gone to attack the human territory, but he did not expect him to suffer a crushing defeat and even lose 10 Giant War Trees.

It’s worth noting that the Giant War Trees were highly treasured by the Forest race. Losing even one of them would cause a lasting sense of distress. In the end, Sen brought out 10 of these trees. However, he not only gained nothing but also suffered the loss of all of them.

This made some elders of the Forest race uncomfortable.

“Second Elder, what are you trying to say?”

Shan stared at the Second Elder.

“The Giant War Trees are a treasure of our Forest race. Patriarch, I wonder what you have to say about losing 10 of them just like that.”

The Second Elder let out a chuckle, but his attention shifted from the mountain to Sen, who was positioned at the rear.

“You’re asking for an explanation from me?”

Shan smiled, before reaching out and clenching his fist.

A green vine slithered into the palace and tied up the Second Elder instantly.

“Are you satisfied with this explanation?”

Shan’s tone was stern as he asked coldly.

“Patriarch, the humans are here. The Second Elder only feels sorry for those Giant War Trees.”

The Sixth Elder walked forward and persuaded.

While the loss of 10 Giant War Trees had certainly been a painful blow, the Sixth Elder understood that the Mandrill race had now allied with Shan.

“Since the Sixth Elder has spoken, I’ll let the matter rest.”

“But, if Second Elder still wants an explanation, I don’t mind…”

Shan’s tone was cold. Then, he gently released his palm, and the vine silently withdrew.

“Phew.”

The Second Elder’s expression changed. He knew that Shan wanted to kill him.

“Sen.”

Shan looked at his son with a solemn expression.

“Father.”

Sen lowered his head, his face filled with hatred and unwillingness.

He was careless this time, causing him to lose 10 Giant War Trees.