19:He's Your Mate!

i made this moodboard for Elrid. how is it?

                                                          He's Your Mate!

Ares really wanted to claw the old man- Marcus Paine- who kept spewing nasty things about his mate like Elrid was some psychopath on a loose in front of him. he really would've, if not for the calloused hands of Benjamin that kept tapping on his legs now and then whenever he felt like he wants to tear that baboon faced foe for even uttering his mate's name like he was the gum under his shoe.

"I'm telling you; we should execute that boy right this moment" Marcus Paine one of the oldest elder in Knight pack bellowed out from where he sat, his fingers pointed to the picture of a smiling Elrid on their projector screen; which covers every possible information about his mate and even his family. Caleb knows Cole is the one who digged all this info about Elrid, considering she is a certified hacker and tracker of Knight pack. She is talented, he has to give her that. but he wished this wasn't the circumstance where he got to applaud his subordinate's talent.

"He is a suspect. Not a murder." Riya scoffed as she heard Cordelia- the Head Enforcer of the pack- stating her point, clearly not on board with whatever the dimwit was sprawling about killing an eighteen-year-old kid.

"Well, the boy very well can be." The Gamma drawled out, not at all faced by the glare that Caleb directed towards her. He had to suppress the urge to snarl at the woman's face, his stormy eyes glinting as a way to warn that Ares was just below the surface. Ready to pounce on anyone who will be threat to his mate.

Honestly Caleb hates Riya, even if she is the gamma of the pack and the mother of one of his closest friends. She always got that sinister vibe, like she is plotting your demise. And for once Caleb was glad that Raven wasn't there for the meeting. Or he would've had to watch his mother getting murdered by one of his friends.

Caleb was seething in his seat when he heard that soothing voice. Quite a contrast among the snarls and growls that kept rising from them since the meet had started one hour ago.

"There is not enough proof to prove he is the killer, Alpha" standing from where she was seated, Ophelia spoke. Her voice calm and collected just like that serene expression on her golden face.

Another set of protests started to raise through the conference hall. Until, Selena Knight; the former Luna of Knight pack cleared her throat, silencing the voices that kept crowding each other's sentences. "We should confine the kille- "

"He is not a killer!!" Caleb doesn't know if it was Ares or he himself was the one who growled, but he had had enough with people calling his mate 'murderer' and 'killer'. And he wanted to shut everyone's mouth and his instincts did just that. Not for long though. Because the next moment Selena's shrill voice was echoing around the hall like warning bell.

"don't fucking yell at me Beta...." Selena sprang up from where she sat at the table, the wooden chair scratching the tiles with the force. Silence fell over the hall. Even Marcus Paine who kept blabbering on safety and precaution zipped his mouth like someone poured super glue in his mouth. "I'm the former Luna of Knight pack, Beta and you will respect me" she growled out, her dark eyes glowing like coals for a minute as she looked down on the still seething Caleb in front of her. For a woman in her early seventies and retired Luna Selena Knight sure held some dominance over the meeting. Well considering she was much more ruthless than her husband, Henry Knight, maybe it's not really a surprise.