12:The Deep Shallow.

The Deep Shallow.

Caleb wanted to jump; no, not on Elrid, but preferably from a cliff. Yes, a cliff sounded much better; much better than sitting in front of his mate; who, by the way, he was trying to impress. Which he can assume didn't go well with the way his mate kept looking at him; like he is some nutcase.

The white-haired boy sat there, mouth gaping; his ebony eyes wide as he watched the now squirming Caleb. He didn't know what to say. It was all of sudden. They were just introducing themselves and then suddenly out of nowhere the taller one yelled at him to go on a date with him.

"w...what???" Elrid stuttered out, his heart banging on his rib cage as it wanted get out and scream at the world in happiness.

"I.... its...sorry....it just came out wrong..." scratching his nape, Caleb said; his voice suddenly small with embarrassment. Please don't tell me he was joking. Elrid's heart sunk, thinking that Caleb was just teasing him after hearing about his crush.

'you're ruining this' Ares chided in, already sensing his disappointment wafting off of from the sullen boy. Caleb groans- internally- if someone would dig a grave for him, Caleb would've happily complied and laid on it by himself without any resistance.

"Look ma.... man...." Elrid cringed.

"I mean not man.... Ba...." Goddess, why is this so difficult?

"Look Bambi, "The boy's eyebrows shot up; it was his first-time hearing someone call him a name, a name without a sneer or malice. Sure, his friends and mother call him names, but those names had these teasing glints in them and a motherly love. But the way Caleb called him 'Bambi' with that rough voice of his, yet in a gentle way; he melted.

Caleb continues, without noticing his mate's surprise. "The first moment I saw you, uh...I got this connection.... Like 'like'.... Like I want to be with you.... so, after so much thinking, I'm asking you out... for a date. If you don't like okay...cool, well, it's not really cool.... since you're rejecting me.... But it's cool. I just want to go on a date with you....and if you don't like me.... I won't force you.... Because consent is everything.... uh.... so." At this point Caleb was rambling so much that so even he couldn't comprehend what in the devil house was he even saying. He wanted to bang his head somewhere, but honestly, Elrid found that quite cute. As cute as it can get for a 6'3 tall and buffed guy who looks like he can crush your skull with just his hands. Watching the tall buff guy stuttering and rambling in front of him, Elrid would've screamed yes at the top of his lungs; if not for that one-minute little thing he remembered. He's engaged- and just like that his whole body shivered; like someone just dumped cold water on his body.

"you're engaged...!" Caleb's mouth was snapped shut.

His blinked once, twice, thrice; cocking his head at the boy as his grey eyes narrowed in confusion. Engage, who?? He really wanted to ask, and he was about to ask him just that; when he remembered that his idiot of a brother's lie. Ah, I forgot about that! Goddess that idiot!!

He wanted to shout that he's not engaged to some random girl and Callum had lied to him, but he can't blurt out that his brother had indeed lied to him; that will ruin their friendship and he can't just whisk up another lie neither can he tell the truth. So, he just rolled with his gut.