08:He's Straight.

Hester Brown on top....

                                                       He's Straight

"Hey Kit....". Elrid greets as he sits beside the brunette; who was doodling on his notepad with calm expression. His pencil, furiously running on the paper as he nibbles on his bottom lip.

Kit looks at him, the pencil halting as he looks up at the boy; his sky blue eyes  shimmering like that of a clear pool water and his pink lips stretching wide as he beams at the white-haired boy.

"hey, El....". even though his face was beaming, Kit's voice was still meek, like he was embarrassed about his own voice. Which was absurd in Elrid's opinion, because Kit has the most beautiful voice; like honey. And just as he came, the brunette was gone to his own world; ducking his face deep into his notepad and continuing doodling whatever he was doodling before he came.

Elrid doesn't understand why Kit is like that though. He had seen shy people before, but even they talked to him freely without any stuttering or uncomfortable mess after a few days. And it was two weeks after he become friends with the gang, everyone was now accustomed to him. Even the emotionally constipated Athen. But, Kit just.... Kit can't even look at him when he's talking. And by talking he meant; yes or no and hi. Elrid would've just shook it off; ruling it out as his social anxiety or something. But when he noticed how Kit behaves the same with their gang; even towards Callum; who is the most easy-going guy from the whole people he got to know- the boy is not sure what to think of it. The only person, Kit can manage to get a word without looking away or becoming a stuttering mess is Hester, which was a given thing as she is his sister.

Since he only shared his first period with Kit; who was as silent as a wall, Elrid too kept his silence, his ebony eyes roaming around the class room as he observed everything. It was quite easy to watch everyone without them noticing as he sat at the far end of the class; it was quite surprising to know that a straight A model student like Kit, preferred the back rows. Elrid turned his head from their ranting teacher, his gaze floating across the sports field towards the forest, his memory suddenly filled with yesterday's event. He wanted to check the body; but Miles said that the body was missing when he checked it this morning. The ghost proposed that the body was or maybe eaten by other animals, as the forest was filled with wolves and bears Elrid also nodded along with him. And it's not like he can investigate on a dead animal with a missing heart. Sylvia will lock him up in hisown room if he ever did that.

Elrid just sat there, watching his teacher drawl on and on about Shakespeare and his achievements. When the bell rings, indicating the end of hour; he couldn't help but jump from his seat with a relieved sigh- Kit lightly giggling beside him as he haphazardly pushed his books into his bag. Throwing his bag over his shoulder Elrid walks forward; Kit following closely- too closely; not that he minds- behind as they entered the hallway with overflowing students.

"ha, there comes snow-white...". Quinn's voice was loud enough that almost everyone on the hallway heard it, his wannabe companions laughing hysterically as, their leader just said the world's biggest joke.

Rolling his eyes, Elrid just continues his walking, ignoring another sneer comment as he passes the 'dumb jock and his wannabe gang' without a single glance. It's not like his first-time hearing comments about his looks, or his behavior. And he also knows that it won't be the last. In his former school, the students called worse than snow-white, one time he was beaten to death by some guys, because he called them dumb; he was just stating the facts though, so he was not quite sure why they were offended. And after all those fiasco when the principal called his mom- a bad decision- instead of his dad; all the hell broke. And that day, his mom sued three of his classmates along with one's parents and when he was healed, his mom enrolled him in a defense class- which he-have to say- really useful for him. after that day nobody touched him; there was still some name calling here and there, but he didn't pay any attention to them. Just like he's doing now.