《 Chapter 15: Masquerade Pt. 2 》

Start from the beginning

"But... But, I..." Angel tried to speak but the girl was out of sight.

He then sobs as he lowers his head, knowing that she's right to feel upset. Yet, the spider demon tried to keep the girl safe from the life he's forced to have. Angel looks up at the empty corridor and just hopes that Damari won't make the same mistake.

As soon as Damari and Valentino walked away, Damari's swan demon starts fading and she's just in time to be inside the meeting room before the doors closes behind them. Damari's disguise disappeared and reveals her true form, but she didn't show fear as she faces Vox and Velvette who were waiting for them.

"Please, Damari. Have a seat." Valentino offered, pulling out a chair for her.

"...Thanks." Damari sounded off, sitting down before her chair was pushed towards the table.

Valentino sits down with Vox and Velvette as they face Damari.

"I want to know if what you're saying is true that you guys have a way for me to return to the human world." she stated, feeling uncomfortable with them.

"Little Doll, you can trust us." Vox grinned, making Damari glare at the new nickname. "We have resources and connect ones that no one else can dream for. We control a majority of the city and the most powerful overlord Vees in Hell."

"Oh, really? Didn't you just get pounded by Alastor with only his words and caused a huge blackout in this city?" Damari scoffed.

This causes Vox to glitch and forces a grin, feeling the sting from that. Velvette and Valentino snickers.

"Ohh, she got you there...!" Velvette whispered. "I like her already."

"Like I said, you can trust us. I made my word." Vox said through his strained grin.

"Yeah. We still can get the materials you needed to create a portal from Hell to Earth. Like a spell book." Velvette said, scrolling through her phone.

"Then where's proof? Do you know what kind of materials that's needed?" Damari demanded.

"Honey, this is the only chance you got to get back home." Valentino said.

This made Damari silent for a while. He's right. This is her chance for her to see her family again. But she needs to be sure that she can trust them or if they're truthful enough.

"You've helped demons, right? Sure, you're famous, but can you actually do that?"

Valentino grins.

"My dear, sweet little kitty. That's what I do - it's what I live for. To help unfortunate demon folk or human folk - like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to." he said through his lying teeth.

Damari gives him a doubtful glance as Valentino begins to sing.

I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a moth

But you'll find that nowadays

I've mended all my ways

Repented, seen the light and made a switch

True? Yes. And I fortunately know a little magic

It's a talent that I always have possessed

And here lately, please don't laugh

I use it on behalf