36|THIRTY SIX

Zaviyar didn't know that the something that required his attention on the second floor was his wife's cousin, protesting and asking for him in the wide break of day. To say the least, he was shocked to hear it from Maha and he was thankful that the latter didn't take Rayyan's name in front of his wife. Rayyan was paying for what he did to his wife. Zaviyar wasn't lying when he said he would make him pay for deceiving his wife and trying to manipulate her mother. He wasn't lying and he was holding onto his leverage until he saw Rayyan holding his wife's hand and something twisted in him- something that had stayed back and something that hadn't known to forgive.

He breathed slowly through his nostrils to hold back and to make sure to not create a scene in the company and if not for it, he would have had him stand in the middle of the lobby and mock at him for being a sore loser, for being a cheater who not only cheated a woman he called his cousin but also the woman he loved. There were men out in the world, pushing through to the end of the world and ready to slaughter another man for the women they loved and then there was Rayyan. A piece of pathetic and deplorable crap.

On hearing the boss' heavy foot falls, the men surrounding Rayyan moved away to give him a better sight of the man who had come to cause commotion. Zaviyar eyed his cousin in law for a second before he turned around to meet eyes with the employees. Taking the indication from him, the employees did all but fled away to save themselves. He wouldn't chew him alive but the man, who could strip someone's job in another man's company, could definitely strip them of their jobs in his own.

"Kya tamasha laga rakha hai?" He roared- his voice booming in the walls and hitting each of them present in that floor. Maha turned around and mouthed them to leave the floor for a while but without his permission, they knew they couldn't leave.

"Tum mujhe mere kaam se kaise nikalwa sakte ho?" He said and although he tried to keep his tone as stable as possible, Zaviyar was able to hear the tremor in it. A smile so small hung over his mouth for a short second before his facial expressions went stoic once again.

"Main tumhe kyon kahi se nikalwaonga?" Zaviyar knew that Rayyan was already struggling so much to woo Anabiya- the very wife who hadn't let him inside the apartment they had rented and that he had been staying in what seemed like a men's hostel after his mother went back to their hometown.

"Why don't you try and ask yourself." He said, banging his fist on the desk next to him.

"Tameez se! If you keep this up, I'm going to have you thrown out of Islamabad." Zaviyar yelled, suddenly recalling the times when he was humiliated in front of the employees.

Trauma was real but this time he was the one in control- he would twist and turn everything until he altered it in the way he wished for it to be. His silence might have made him look like someone who was timid but God, if he could sweep his lover from marrying someone else at the altar, he could do anything for her. Zaviyar Ali Dawar would do anything to get what he wanted. The company was a challenge- a way to bounce back and to show everyone that he indeed did deserve to own it. His wife, no less, was the love of his life.

"Bhot paisa hai na tumhare paas, bhot ghamand hai tum me?" Rayyan quizzed and asked the most obvious as his face reddened with boiling fury. In the morning when he went to his office, he was told that he was fired. He was new for the job and he was recruited for his skills but seeing himself getting fired over nothing and for no reason, he knew the reason. He was already warned by Daniyal to not mess with Zaviyar who was backed by power and money and so Rayyan could indisputably point his fingers at the reason for his expulsion.

"Is hi paise aur ghamand se apni biwi ki hifazat karonga." Zaviyar took a heavy step closer to Rayyan- his eyes darkening and the muscle in his jaw feathering. Their kind boss with a small smile was replaced by a raging husband who breathed fire in a man's direction for attempting to play with his wife for a little while.