Love waits - Part 1 - Sandor x Reader

For MoonstoneNSunflower

She ran through the corridors of the old castle. She knew that if she was caught, she would probably be in trouble; but she didn't care. She no longer cared what the old man liked or disliked; no longer gave a damn about his grumblings at having to have a young girl in his castle. She was used to his bark and his bite. She was used to the punishments; so now she just did what she wanted. Despite her tender age, she had had to grow up a lot since she had become the ward of Lord Clegane. In truth, she had no idea why the old man had taken her in; he was no good with his own sons, never mind her. The little girl putting it down to the fact that she had been her father's only child, and when he had passed, his fortune had come to her. The thought of her gold, making him put up with her presence.

She had of course thought about running away. She had thought about it many times. When she sat by the window at night, with a thin blanket wrapped around her in an attempt to stay warm, she had imagined what her life might be like if she just disappeared, if she were to vanish without so much as a word. But then she remembered that she couldn't; that there was something in that horrible place that had kept her there, this long. And that something, or should that be, someone, was Sandor.

Sandor Clegane, the younger son of the old lord; and despite what his father was trying to turn him into, a bully and a brute just like his older brother Gregor, she thought he was the sweetest, most wonderful boy that she had ever met. And to her eyes at least, one of the most handsome. From the first moment that they had met, there had been a connection between them. Neither of them had known their mothers, and as far as their fathers were concerned, well, neither of them would know what love was, if it were to run them through with a sword. So, she and Sandor had found comfort in one another. The two enjoying spending time together, away from the castle, from the cruelties of Gregor and his father. And here she was, once again heading for Sandor's room, to see if he wanted to join her on another little adventure.

"Sandor!" She exclaimed, as she pushed her way into his room and jumped onto his bed. Ignoring his grumblings, as she tried to pull the covers from his head.

"(Y/n), its too early............"

"It is never too early to get out of here. Come on, wake up. I want you to come with me............" (Y/n) interrupted, as she climbed over his surprisingly large form, and yanked the last of the sheets from his grasp. Sandor looking up to see her smiling down at him.

There was no denying it, Sandor thought his father's ward was beautiful. He had thought she was beautiful from the moment she had been brought to the castle. The young man finding himself draw to her; (Y/n) the only one that had ever shown him any kind of affection, any kind of love. And he had found himself returning that, spending as much time with her as he could. Ignoring the teasing of his older brother; ignoring him when Gregor would call her names and describe her as terrible things. When he would say that she would be his, when she came of age. That that was their father's plan, to keep her and her fortune at the castle, and marry (Y/n) to Gregor when it was time. Sandor promising himself that he would never let that happen. That if she were to marry anyone, it would be him.

"Please, Sandor.........." She finally continued. (Y/n) laughing, as he pushed her off him and pulled the sheets from his body. Sandor fighting back his own smile, as he got dressed and wondered what his friend might have in mind.

                                                      >>------------------------------------<<

Screaming. Screaming was all she could hear. It was a gut-wrenching sound; a sound like none she had ever heard before. And despite it seeming as though it was coming from a beast and not a man; she knew that it was Sandor. Sandor, her Sandor, was in pain. He had been hurt by something, or someone; and all she could think about, was getting to him.

She tried to push her way into his room, to get passed all the servants that filled the small space. (Y/n) only able to catch glimpses of Sandor on his bed, writhing and screaming, as he was held down. A strange smell filling her sense; a smell that made her feel sick to her stomach. She tried to ask what was going on; to ask why Sandor was as he was. Yet the servants didn't seem to hear; the young woman only picking up snippets of their conversations. Mentions of Gregor, of a toy, and...........and a burning brazier. One of the men telling another that it had taken half a dozen of them to drag the older boy away. That if they hadn't got there when they had, he hated to think what could have happened. (Y/n) suddenly finding someone grabbing her arm, and pushing her back out into the corridor, before the door the Sandor's room was slammed shut.

                                                           >>--------------------------------<<

She stood outside his door. It had been days since the incident. Days since she had heard the full story about what Gregor had done. About how the older boy was not being blamed for any of this. (Y/n) wishing that she was big, strong; that she could wield a sword, so that she could put an end to Gregor. But as it was, she wasn't, and she couldn't. The young woman hoping that Sandor would be happy to see her. (Y/n) not sure for how much longer, she could go without seeing him.

Taking a breath, she pushed on the door. The ingress creaking open to reveal a darkened room. Her eyes slowly adjusting to the black, as she moved inside. Her heart beating a little quicker, as she saw a form lying in the bed.

"Sandor..............?" No answer.

"Sandor.............." Still no answer.

"Sandor, please. Its me..............."

"Go away............." A reply finally came. (Y/n) finding herself jumping slightly at the sound. Sandor never having said that to her before. His tone never so menacing before.

"Sandor. Its alright............."

"No. Nothing will be alright. Go away!" Sandor ordered. (Y/n) feeling her chest clench tightly, as she continued to just stand there. Her legs refusing to move either forward or back.

How could he say that to her. Her of all people. The one person in that whole rotten castle that truly felt anything for him. The one person that loved him.

"Sandor. I don't care............" She began to say. Stumbling backwards as Sandor suddenly turned in his bed, to reveal the right side of his face was heavily bandaged.

"GET OUT!"

                                                       >>---------------------------------<<

"Look milady............" The voice of the maid shaking the memories from her mind.

"Kings Landing.........." She continued, as the capital loomed into view.

"Yes. Quite impressive." (Y/n) replied with a heavy sigh, as the carriage continued on its way.

It had been years since she had seen the Clegane's. Despite how many times she had tried to see Sandor after the incident between him and Gregor; despite how many times she had tried to reassure him through the door to his room, that she didn't care about his injury, that she would never stop caring about him, she had got nothing in reply. This the reason that she had finally run away. The reason that she had never looked back. The reason that she had done her best to forget about the boy that she had loved. Yet here she was, all these years later, on her way to the capital. A place that she knew both brothers were. A raven from the king, something that she could not ignore. (Y/n) just hoping that the visit would be quick, and that she would not bump into either of the Clegane brothers. Well, that was what she was trying to tell herself.