"I do need to find her and talk to her." Lucious nods.

"Yeah, cause she saved your ass at that IPO party." Cookie mentioned.

"I'll find her."

"Good." Cookie stopped his lips once again. "You want Cookie's nookie, ditch the bitch."

Lucious watched her about to leave until he grabbed a laughing Cookie and threw her back on the bed.

"Okay, okay." He promised. "I'll do it. I'll ditch her."

Cookie sits up. "Promise me."

"I promise I'll do whatever." Lucious hovered over her making Cookie smile and his return. "Kiss me."

Agreeing to his request she made good to give him a slight slap making him look at her crazy.

"You better find my daughter Lucious."

"I told you. I'm already on that."

"Mhm."

Few days later....

Hakeem was kneeled down at the alter of the church. Between his prayers and the silence he was met with, he just hoped God heard him.

"I know I don't come here very often, and I know I made a lot of mistakes in life, but if you're listening,"Hakeem looks up. "please let dad live. I know there's not no cure, but can you please make one for him? I don't want to let him go." He looks down for a moment before back up to the cross. "I know she's mad at me to but can you just promise my sister will talk to me again. I know I don't make things easy for her and I probably get on her nerves the most. But she the closest thing I ever had to a mom. I just never want to see her hurt, so please watch her? Amen."

Jamal walked up the aisle as Hakeem got on his feet.

"Hakeem, why are we meeting at a Catholic church?" He takes off his hood.

"Man, Jesus is everywhere." Hakeem motioned behind him. "You gonna do the family song?"

"I don't know, man. I haven't thought about it." Jamal shakes his head. "It's like, ain't this weird? We should be spending time with him. Instead, we're thinking
about cutting a tune and making money before he dies."

"All dad cares about is making music and money." Hakeem nudged him. "Come on, you know that."

"Which is exactly why we don't get along."

A sigh from his younger brother. "Look, Mal, I know you got issues with him, but you got to deal with it. Cause in 25 years, you gonna be in therapy wishing
you done the right thing."

"And what about us?" Jamal asks him.

"What you mean?"

"Last time we were on stage together, it was a mess." Jamal reminds him.

"And that's why it can't happen again." Hakeem tells him. "Look, we just got to do whatever it is to make dad happy."

Jamal sighs but soon just nods. "No, you're right. I was thinking about not coming out till he's gone." He shrugs. "It's the last thing he wants; I could do that for him." He looked at Hakeem. "So you really want me on the song?"