Our Dancing Days

Episode 7- Our Dancing Days

Lucious walked with Vernon down the busy steps of Laviticus that had people running all around and sitting the stage for the party tomorrow night.

"Also got word that, um, Olivia, the baby mama?"

"No, his ex-wife." Lucious says as he felt some symptoms kicking in from his illness.

"Whatever you want to call her—anyway, she's been down in St. Louis since '09." Vernon tells him as Cookie caught up with them walking on the opposite side of Lucious; heading down the street. "Working as a hairdresser, never got remarried..."

"That girl is a problem, Lucious." Cookie shakes head. "You did this to Jamal. Now, what does she want?"

"She wants a father for her kid is what she said." Vernon says. "Anyway, she's working as a hairdresser.
Living with some dude who put his hands on her,  so she got an order of protection against him, the police, all that nonsense, you know?"

Cookie sighs. "How could you make your son marry that girl?" She questioned him. "How could you force him to do that? He was 18; a baby. Now, she's claiming she has his baby."

"Well, how do you know it's not his baby?" Lucious questioned.

A roll of her eyes. "You got to have sex to make a baby, Lucious."

They walked through Empire doors.

"Either way, we still gonna have to deal with it. One way or another."

Cookie noticed Lucious walk through but had to hold onto the stile as he looked a bit out of it.

"Are you okay?" Cookie asks.

Lucious shook it off. "Yeah, I'm good."

Cookie side eyed him but didn't say anything.

Anika met up with him. "I just got off with MKTO's managers. They would have to cut the South American tour short in order to make the showcase, so they want a promo contest  to send out 100 of their Brazilian fans."

All of them walk into the elevator.

"No, this is for prospective investors only. Malcolm says it's a huge security risk." Lucious waves it off. "And no fans, no press."

Cookie came back on the opposite side of him getting his attention. "We still got a problem, Lucious."

The doors closing and opened back when they got to his office floor.

Becky met him when he opened his doors.

"Hi! Marvin Menchel is..." Becky saw Lucious stumbling inside. "Are you okay?" She whispers to him.