Chapter 101 The New Year

Start from the beginning

After Qing Yan finished reading, Qiu Henian bent down and picked him up, carrying him back to the house.

Qingyan obediently put her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. When he was placed on the floor in the room, he asked, "He Nian, what were you thinking about just now?"

Qiu Henian paused when he wanted to get the towel, then continued his movements, washed the towel, came back and sat by the bed and wiped Qingyan's hands.

After wiping his hands, Qiu Henian asked him, "Aren't you sleepy?"

Qingyan said: "I feel a little energetic after all the hard work. I couldn't fall asleep after lying down for a while."

Qiu Henian nodded and said, "Then you can talk to me."

"Okay." Qingyan agreed.

Qiu Henian didn't light the oil lamp either. The moon was very bright tonight, shining through the thin window paper into the room, enough to see each other's outlines and even their eyes.

Qiu Henian said: "Just now, I dreamed about my parents."

Qingyan was stunned for a moment before realizing that he was talking about the adoptive parents who adopted him when he was a child.

"Are they good to you?" Qingyan asked.

"It's good." Qiu Henian said, "They asked me to call them father and mother, and gave me the same food, clothing, and supplies as their own children. They also asked me to call him brother and explain the family's My servant calls me Second Young Master."

"Although I was young at that time, I had been wandering outside for a long time. I knew that I was not the real second young master, so I just regarded myself as the young master's servant and companion."

"He has wanted to be a general since he was a child. When I first came to his house, I often played the game of general against wild wolf with him. He would play the general and I would play the wild wolf of the Great North. Later when we grew up, he We had no interest in the imperial examination, and it happened to coincide with the imperial conscription that year, so we joined the Forbidden Army."

Qiu Henian recalled the past. More than ten years had passed, but his memory was still very clear.

They were only eighteen or nineteen years old at that time. On the morning of departure, their parents dropped them off at the door of their house.

Both of them were in high spirits.

Their parents asked them to take care of each other. The young master patted his chest and recounted his ambitions: "Don't worry, parents, I will definitely make some achievements in the Forbidden Army. When the time comes, I will take my brother with me to enjoy the good times!"

The middle-aged father stroked his beard and said: "It's a good thing to have ambition, but you can't be proud, let alone arrogant."

Qiu Henian lowered his head and responded. The young master was not convinced and wanted to refute, but his mother glanced at him and he remained silent.

Mother smiled and said: "It doesn't matter whether you are a general or not. You two must be safe and sound, so that we, as parents, can rest assured."

At this time, someone hurriedly came over from the other side of the street and kept saying: "It's late. It's late."

After arriving in front of everyone, this man should be very familiar with them. He had a friendly attitude, carried a lot of food for them in his hands, and seemed to have said a lot of caring words.

After that, he called Qiu Henian aside alone, his expression changed, and he said with a gloomy and serious face: "You must always remember that they are kind to you."

Qiu Henian nodded.

The man added: "Protect him. If anything happens to him, you must die to repay their kindness in raising him."

Qingyan's brows gradually furrowed and he asked, "Don't you remember who the person who said this is?"

Qiu Henian shook his head. "I don't remember." He moved his fingers on his knees. "My consciousness seems to have automatically excluded people and things related to my poisoning."

In other words, this person may be the planner or participant of Qiu Henian's poisoning.

Qingyan knew that Qiu Henian had no intention of pursuing this matter, so he stopped asking.

After a while, Qiu Henian said, "Have I not told you his name yet?"

Qingyan knew who he was talking about and nodded.

Qiu Henian looked out the window and said, "His... name is Qiu Qinian."

That year, a couple saw a homeless child on the street. Seeing that he was handsome, smart and down-to-earth, they felt compassion and took him home.

The servant took the child down to take a bath, change his clothes, and eat a full meal. When he was brought back, the couple waved him over and asked him to look at a child about his age sitting next to him. : "His name is Qinian, he is your brother."

"From now on, let's call you He Nian, Qiu Henian."

"The Year of the Crane" means good luck, good fortune and longevity.

"Starting the New Year" symbolizes the beginning of a journey, flying high, and a bright future.