Chapter 68 A good sleep

A flash of white light flashed, Qingyan's eyes were half-closed, his scalp was numb, and his voice was hoarse.

After that, his body tensed up for a while and then quickly went limp.

He panted slowly and felt a cloth gently wiping him.

Qingyan murmured: "I want to drink water."

After a while, warm hands helped him stand up, and the cool water touched his lips. After Qingyan took a few sips, he felt that the hot feeling in his throat was finally gone.

The water bowl was placed back on the table with a slight "click".

The footsteps did not return to the bed, but went to the washstand, and then there were the sounds of gargling and washing hands.

After that, Qiu Henian returned to the bed, lying beside him with one hand supporting his head, and the other hand covering him with a quilt, arranging the broken hair sticking to his cheeks.

"Are you comfortable?" Qiu He asked in a young voice.

Qingyan lay on the bed, her head tilted slightly to his side, her face flushed and she nodded.

Qiu Henian said: "Take a rest."

He said this, but he didn't mean to put out the oil lamp. Instead, he turned sideways and gently stroked Qingyan's hair and cheeks with his hands.

After a while, Qingyan finally calmed down. He opened his eyes, looked at the man, and asked, "Aren't you still asleep?"

Qiu Henian shook his head. He looked at Qing Yan and observed his condition. After that, he said, "Are you still tired?"

Qingyan also shook his head.

Qiu Henian moved closer to him and put his big hand into the quilt. Qingyan shrank slightly.

...

At the end, Qingyan cried so hard that her throat was almost speechless, her eye circles and nose were red, her whole body was about to collapse, her scalp was numb, and her whole body was weak.

But he was still thinking about the man who had only served him tonight.

Qing Yan forced her hand to reach down, but before she could touch it, Qiu Henian grabbed her wrist.

Qiu Henian's voice was hoarse and low. He held his hand and put it back on his abdomen. He gently stroked his hair repeatedly, "No need. You're tired. Just sleep well."

Qingyan was really sleepy and tired, and she was full of energy but not strong enough. When she heard the man say this, it was warm in the room, and she felt comfortable being touched on her cheeks and hair, so she slowly closed her eyes.

Even though his heart was extremely agitated, Qiu Henian still didn't pay any attention to it.

He pulled the quilt up for Qingyan, humming the lyrics from Huanglong Opera repeatedly in his throat, as if to soothe a child, patting Qingyan's quilt gently and rhythmically with his palms. The little beauty's breathing gradually became evener, and she finally fell asleep slowly.

Last night, Qingyan lay motionless on the bed, breathing evenly, but Qiu Henian knew that he almost never slept soundly throughout the night and would always wake up after a short sleep.

Tonight, Qiu Henian deliberately exhausted Qingyan's energy so that he would no longer have time to worry and think wildly.

It was late at night, Qiu Henian lowered his head and kissed Qing Yan's forehead, briefly cleaned up the mess on the bed, turned out the lights, and closed his eyes.