Chapter 11

He took over the book "The Story of Mountains and Rivers" and slowly recognized the words one by one based on the meaning of the context and what Qiu Henian had read in his memory.

First, focus on understanding. When you are tired of memorizing, practice writing. Stroke by stroke, you should not only write the words out, but also try to write them as beautifully as possible.

At this time, the scholars practiced calligraphy with basic skills, and almost all of them had good handwriting. Once his handwriting was taken out, it would be exposed.

The time spent concentrating passed quickly. By the time Qingyan felt tired and stopped, it was already time to make dinner.

He dried all the used paper, then carefully folded it and hid it at the bottom of the box where he kept his robes.

Originally, it would have been best to burn them all, but the paper was so expensive, not only could the back side be used, but also the spaces between the words could be used, so Qingyan couldn't bear to part with it.

After tidying up and washing his hands, he began to think about what to eat for dinner.

The staple food is cornmeal dumplings. When Qiu Henian came back with glutinous rice balls yesterday, Lao Zhang, who also made tofu by the way, cut a large piece of tofu. He also had eggs at home, so he could add some chopped green onion and fry them together. The taste is particularly fragrant.

One dish is not enough for two grown men, so just stir-fry shredded potatoes.

The plan was made, and when Qingyan was about to wash the vegetables, she realized that there was not much water in the water tank.

Qiu Henian told him that the water at home was drawn from the well in the middle of the village. He also told him that if there was not enough water, he would tell him and he would go get it.

But Qingyan is such a big young man and he prides himself on being very strong. There is no need to wait for others to come back to fetch water. He just puts on the newly bought sky blue jacket and goes to the barn in the yard to find a pole. His movements are not very neat. But he simply hooked up the two buckets, picked up the pole and went out.

This is Qingyan's first time wandering around this village.

The sun is about to set now, and the temperature has begun to drop.

Qingyan's breath turned into white mist.

It was when dinner was being cooked, and smoke was rising from many people's chimneys. There were children in thick clothes running around in groups with snot hanging from their noses. There were also people fetching water passing by on the road, and three other people. Four old ladies and old men of quite a certain age gathered together, chatting while waiting for their children to call them back for dinner.

Qingyan saw the group of people looking towards him from a distance, and they stopped chatting.

When he passed in front of those people, he felt those eyes piercing him like needles.

Qingyan ignored them and walked to the well.

After not walking far, I heard someone in the group behind me whisper: "Is this the new husband of Lao Wang's family?"

Another person responded: "That's him. I saw him in town two years ago, but he seemed a little taller and better-looking than then."

"Look at that little face. It's white and tender. It's even tenderer than the village chief's two girls. That tiny waist, no one from all over the country can compare to it."